Old December 17th 03, 07:44 AM
Frank Dresser

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
.com...

And, of course, the "fact" that the feds are monitoring everyone on

the
Internet so that the guv'ment can track down all of us spurious

individuals
with Operation NotShortWave.

The Feds, the New World Order and Satan. Of course, that could be a
distinction without a difference.

Also, acoording to our usual stoned sources, there is an upcoming

event which
will be one of the most horrible things that has ever happened and

from which
no one will recover, if our sources are to be trusted when they're

babbling
like a mountain stream.

No doubt. It's already happened about a dozen times already. And
that's just for 2003!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back on the grid: Y3K is on

the way.
You'd best prepare now so that you won't be desperate when the new

millennia
gets closer.

The new Eton E1 XM would be perfect for the remainder of this bleak
millennium, if it only had a wind up crank!

Also, Planet Y is getting closer and, even as I (attempt to) type this
missive there are rumors afoot (if not at hand) that Planet Z is

hurtling
this way.

One can only imagine the terrors yet to come after the Y4K crisis. And
the most terrific imaginations will be found on Shortwave Radio!!

Gray Shockley
Alex Jones is now fatter than Rush Limbaugh.
Simply amazing!

Sounds like he's putting his money where his extremely active mouth is.
I've heard the NWO intends to reduce the population by 50% or more! How
many of us are fit to belly laugh that scheme off?

Frank Dresser

Old December 17th 03, 10:00 AM
grumpus

Gray Shockley wrote in message s.com...
On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 19:40:49 -0600, Stinger wrote
(in message ):

Eton won some awards for the upcoming 2004 Consumer Electronics Show.

One of them is for the Eton E1 XM. Here's the blurb from their press
release:

linked he http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031215/sfm106_1.html
A winner in the personal electronics category, the Eton E1 XM is the first
product to combine four radio technologies -- AM/FM/Shortwave/XM Satellite
radio -- resulting in the finest full-sized, all-in-one portable world radio
ever. Equipped with Dual Conversion Superheterodyne Circuitry and capable of
receiving Continuous Shortwave including Selectable Single Sideband, its
performance and sensitivity are peerless. The 5.7 inch backlit dot-matrix
display, 1700 station presets, and five tuning methods make the E1 XM's
extraordinary capabilities accessible to serious enthusiasts and casual
listeners alike.

pix at:
http://www.etoncorp.com/asp/3CESAwards.asp

Does this unit not bear a more than passing resemblance to the
prototype of the Grundig Satellit 900?

Regards,

Grumpus

No price information I can find yet....

They (and you know how "they" are) say,
"Price: To be announced at CES 2004".

-- Stinger

- - Gray

Old December 17th 03, 01:58 PM
RHF

EM,

ETON Corp. has been building the "ETON" Brand Name in the "Rest-
of-the-World" where they do not have the 'Rights' to Market and Use
the GRUNDIG Radio Brand Name in the North American Consumer Market.

The Grundig Satellit 900 radio may never be . . .
= = = It may simply be the "ETON" E1 XM (AM-FM-SW) Radio.

Will the Anme "ETON" Sell in the North American Consumer Market ? ? ?
= = = Or Does the Brand Name "GRUNDIG" . . .
= = = Still Have The Sizzle that Sells The Steak ! ! !

As for me, I would rather Own a Grundig Satellit 900,
- - - Then an 'eton e1 xm'

Grundig Satellit 900 eGroup on YAHOO!

yilgr ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Peter Maus
= = = wrote in message ...

Kind of answers questions about the highly anticipated, long
awaited vaporware called Satellit 900...this picture is of
the same case as the Sat 900 published by Grundig AG in '94.

Or was it '95

Old December 17th 03, 02:26 PM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

I was thinking the same thing. It looks a lot like it.
++++++++++++++++
om...

Old December 17th 03, 04:46 PM
David

Can you get the BBC in HiFi 24/7?

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:52:52 -0600, Gray Shockley
wrote:

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003 22:28:55 -0600, Fredric J. Einstein wrote
(in message m):

This is an exciting radio. If they were able to add DRM reception,
this would be a superb choice for the future of radio.

Why?

I've got several radios (with no quality control problems) that do everything
that radio is claimed to do except cost me $10 a month every month for as
long as I live (subject to increased monthly fee and not guaranteed to be
around in three years)?

Plus my RX-320 has a 12" LCD display.

Gray Shockley
-----------------------
DX-392 DX-398
RX-320 DX-399
CCradio w/RS Loop
Torus Tuner (3-13 MHz)
Select-A-Tenna
-----------------------
Vicksburg, MS US

Old December 17th 03, 05:30 PM
RHF

BA,

ETON Corp. is Licensed to 'market' GRUNDIG Brand Name Radios in the
North American Market. "XM" or 'Sirius' makes sense for this specific
marketing area. But not for the "Rest-of-the-World".

yilgr ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Brenda Ann"
= = = wrote in message ...
"Fredric J. Einstein" wrote in message
s.com...

This is an exciting radio. If they were able to add DRM reception,
this would be a superb choice for the future of radio.

I would think they would have used one of the world satellite radio
broadcasters, rather than XM.. or maybe in addition to.. this rather
restricts their market for this radio.

..
Old December 17th 03, 08:38 PM
Brenda Ann

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
BA,

ETON Corp. is Licensed to 'market' GRUNDIG Brand Name Radios in the
North American Market. "XM" or 'Sirius' makes sense for this specific
marketing area. But not for the "Rest-of-the-World".

True, but ETON is not marketing this radio as a Grundig, therefor it's
market needn't necessarily be restricted to N. America (and, in fact, at
this point, to the US, since XM is not available to Canada or Mexico at this
point).

Old December 17th 03, 11:04 PM
Gray Shockley

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 1:44:25 -0600, Frank Dresser wrote
(in message ):

[...]

Are saying it can't even pick up WWRB?

Also, Planet Y is getting closer and, even as I (attempt to) type this
missive there are rumors afoot (if not at hand) that Planet Z is

hurtling this way.

One can only imagine the terrors yet to come after the Y4K crisis.

Yes! Y, Y, Y, Y? (Y not?)

And
the most terrific imaginations will be found on Shortwave Radio!!

You mean like those five Russian missiles last go round?

Gray Shockley
Alex Jones is now fatter than Rush Limbaugh.
Simply amazing!

Sounds like he's putting his money where his extremely active mouth is.
I've heard the NWO intends to reduce the population by 50% or more! How
many of us are fit to belly laugh that scheme off?

Well, ya need to remember that - according to the Aztec calendar, everything
goes away in 2012 and - do ya think - that it's just "coincidence" that that
will be the start of Jeb Bush's second term after - so it is rumored - he
wins both his Presidential Elections by unanimous votes?

Frank Dresser

Gray