Old December 17th 03, 11:47 PM
RHF

STINGER,

The "Grundig Satellit 900" eGroup at YAHOO !

Has been Up-Dated with the Latest GS900 News and Informations (Photos?)

The One QUESTION For Me Is . . .
? ? ? Does the Grundig Satellit 900 World Receiver/XM Satellite Radio
? ? ? Have AM-SYNC Detector like the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium

yilgr ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Stinger"
= = = wrote in message . ..
Eton won some awards for the upcoming 2004 Consumer Electronics Show.

One of them is for the Eton E1 XM. Here's the blurb from their press
release:

linked he http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031215/sfm106_1.html
A winner in the personal electronics category, the Eton E1 XM is the first
product to combine four radio technologies -- AM/FM/Shortwave/XM Satellite
radio -- resulting in the finest full-sized, all-in-one portable world radio
ever. Equipped with Dual Conversion Superheterodyne Circuitry and capable of
receiving Continuous Shortwave including Selectable Single Sideband, its
performance and sensitivity are peerless. The 5.7 inch backlit dot-matrix
display, 1700 station presets, and five tuning methods make the E1 XM's
extraordinary capabilities accessible to serious enthusiasts and casual
listeners alike.

No price information I can find yet....

-- Stinger

Old December 18th 03, 01:15 AM
Stinger

Thanks!

I'll go take a look!

-- Stinger
"RHF" wrote in message
om...
STINGER,

The "Grundig Satellit 900" eGroup at YAHOO !

Has been Up-Dated with the Latest GS900 News and Informations (Photos?)

The One QUESTION For Me Is . . .
? ? ? Does the Grundig Satellit 900 World Receiver/XM Satellite Radio
? ? ? Have AM-SYNC Detector like the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium

yilgr ~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Stinger"

. ..

Old December 18th 03, 03:30 PM
David

The Eton E1 XM is the world's first radio that combines AM, FM,
Shortwave, and XM Satellite radio into one ultra high-performance
unit. In development for more than 10 years in collaboration with RL
Drake Company and XM Satellite Radio, the E1 is simply the finest
full-sized portable in the world.

It has either XM or DAB capabilities, depending on your zone.

Old December 18th 03, 06:31 PM
Ken Thomas

Bringing this over from the 900 group:

Hello,

From Grundig/Eton:

1. XM Satellite Radio or Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) Ready

(The XM antenna had better be built in)

2. Continuous Shortwave with Selectable Single Sideband (SSB)
Reception

(Alright!)

3. Dual Conversion Superheterodyne Circuit Design

(Hopefully, balanced mixers are used)

4. Digitally Synthesized PLL Tuner with Synchronous Detector Two (TM)

(Yes Virginia, the radio has Synchronous Detection! Sideband
Selectable?)

5. Passband Tuning and Selectable Bandwidth Filters

(Passband tuning! In a portable?!? What a deal! Awesome!)

6. 1700 Station Presets with Memory Scan Function

7. 5.7" Oversized Illuminated Multi-Function Dot-Matrix LCD Screen

(Adjustable contrast / brightness?)

8. FM RDS

9. Stereo Line-Level Audio Inputs/Outputs and External Antenna
Connections

10. Dual Clocks and Programmable Timers

11. Digital Signal Processing Enhanced

12. Separate Bass and Treble Controls

Dimensions: 13.1"W x 7.1"H x 2.3"D

(Kinda big, but I can deal with it)

Weight: 4lbs. (approx.)

- Availability: To be announced at CES 2004

- Price: To be announced at CES 2004

Does it recharge batteries?

All I can say is - whoa! If this radio truly materializes and the FM
section is great (has balanced mixers and 2 or 3 IF filters) this is
going to be the radio of the year if not the decade. Unless this
radio takes off HUGE, I can't imagine that anyone else is going to do
anything like this again.

Best regards,

Paul Bigelow

Old December 18th 03, 07:21 PM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

You're right, it looks fantastic on paper, but I wait with bated breath to
see what the QC on this unit is like.

JIAW

"Ken Thomas" wrote in message
Bringing this over from the 900 group:

Hello,

From Grundig/Eton:

Old December 18th 03, 08:15 PM
RHF

DAVID,

"XM Satellite Radio or Digital Audio Broadcasting (DAB) Ready"
= = = GoTo= http://www.etoncorp.com/asp/3CESAwards.asp

I remember when TV first came out (in the early 1950s) an some
Radios were marketed with a feature touted as "Ready for TV".

Simply an "RCA Audio Input Jack" to 'connect' the TV Mono-Sound.

IF... all this means is that there is a simple Output 'connecter' for
an outboard XM & DAB Processor (Home PC). Then This Is "No Big Deal".

A "TRUE" XM & DAB Receiver will have the Processor Built into the radio.
(NO External Devises Require - Except a Pair of Stereo Speakers.)

I would hope that the XM & DAB functions are Built-In-To this Receiver.

atmo ~ RHF
= = = And Thats My Opinion !
..
..
= = = David

Old December 18th 03, 08:47 PM
Frank Dresser

"Gray Shockley" wrote in message
.com...
On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 1:44:25 -0600, Frank Dresser wrote
(in message

):

The new Eton E1 XM would be perfect for the remainder of this bleak
millennium, if it only had a wind up crank!

Are saying it can't even pick up WWRB?

Next time the NWO takes out the power grid you can be sure the cashless
society control grid will know exactly what you are doing with those
newly purchased batteries. And AJ isn't selling solar panels -- yet.
But the programming will still be there. Dave Frantz has crank powered
transmitters!

One can only imagine the terrors yet to come after the Y4K crisis.

Yes! Y, Y, Y, Y? (Y not?)

Because the world ends soon, and always will be ending soon. The only
way to preserve the status quo is to buy a closet full of water filters
and strange pills and healthfood and gold and send the balance of your
wealth to Brother Stair. Kinda like washing your car to insure it will
rain. Or like quantum mechanics. Or audiophile products. It's all
true. And people in the know just know.

And
the most terrific imaginations will be found on Shortwave Radio!!

You mean like those five Russian missiles last go round?

Oh yeah. The missles. I'd almost forgetten Unless I'm thinking of
the North Korean missle. Anyway, I'm sure Alex Jones was making a big
deal out of the media coverup. And I'll bet my dim memory has something
to do with the HAARP program. That HAARP is an amazing thing. SW
blackouts, tornadoes, memory wipes. I sure wish I could invest in that
sort of gee-whiz American technology. Not like Enron, the DotComs,
Worldcom, whatever. Good 'ol HAARP delivers on it's promises, and.
more. Now that I consider my lifestyle, HAARP may have a big chunk of
my cash which has completely slipped my mind. Damn.

Well, ya need to remember that - according to the Aztec calendar,

everything
goes away in 2012 and - do ya think - that it's just "coincidence"

that that
will be the start of Jeb Bush's second term after - so it is rumored -

he
wins both his Presidential Elections by unanimous votes?

Gray

Unanimous? That'll be a bit of a dissapointment around here. There are
stories of precincts that have delivered more votes for the winner than
there were registered voters. Maybe some of the precinct captains will
figure a way to program the new Diebold voting machines to deliver a
super unanimous vote, just for old times' sake.

Frank Dresser

Old December 19th 03, 01:19 AM
starman

Ken Thomas wrote:

Bringing this over from the 900 group:

Hello,

From Grundig/Eton:

[...]

Looks like it could be a worthy replacement for the Sony-2010 with some
new features too.

Old December 19th 03, 08:48 AM
RHF

STARMAN,

"Looks like it could be a worthy replacement for the Sony-2010
with some new features too."

That was my thinking.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = starman
= = = wrote in message ...
Ken Thomas wrote:

Bringing this over from the 900 group:

Hello,

From Grundig/Eton:

Old December 19th 03, 03:06 PM
David

It ain't going to give you anything but the 7 random sample channels
unless you subscribe. I don't think you need to add a card or
anything.

All will be revealed at the Porno Convention...er, CES.

DAVID,