Old December 17th 03, 05:28 AM
Andy Bown

Default NRD545 v AR7030+

Hi all

Has anyone compared these two receivers side-by-side? Which one is
superior for SW broadcast DXing? How inferior (if at all) is the
ultimate rejection of the 545, when compared to the AR7030+. I have
seen specs quoted before but in real-world listening, which one wins
for SW broaddcast DXing?

My interest do not really exted to utility monitoring, but SSB
performance on AM signals would be important for me for digging out
signals from the mud or from interference.

Passport favours the AR7030+ for Worldband, whereas WRTH favours the
545. Anyone have any opinions?

Thanks

Andy
Old December 18th 03, 03:09 AM
Solderblob

I have both and although I have not done a serious side-by-side comparison,
my choice would be the '7030+ for audio quality/listenability as well as
ultimate rejection. I am a SW broadcast listener/casual DX'er.

Alan Johnson
N4LUS/7