Old December 17th 03, 06:14 AM
Judah Smith

Default TECSUN PL-230 / GRUNDIG YB-550 Anyone have one? Tell me about it.

Hi. I just bought a Tecsun BCL-2000....which I love. For what it
does....and the price I paid it, it is a great radio. Pleasing audio,
and very sensitive. I know it is just an analog radio with a digital
readout, and doesn't have all the latest bells and whistles but I
really have fun with it. In fact it is one of the best portables for
Broadcast SW listening I have ever owned.

NOW FOR THE QUESTION: There is a relatively new radio out called the
Tecsun PL-230 or also the Grundig YB-550 (not the YB-500). Does
anyone have one of these? Reviews are still scarce.... Do you like
it? How does it fair against some other portables you own...Please
don't compare it to a 600-6000 dollar MEGA-RECEIVER such and such.....
I'm looking for comparisions against radios in its class, say sub 250
dollars...How does it rate? If you have one let me know what you
think of it. I would be very interested? I ordered one from China
just for the fun of it....it should be here in a week or so. Got it
very cheap...almost half the going price of the grundig-550....with
shipping included. So I was curious to see what its audio and
reception performance was like. I main interest in SW sensitiveity
and selectivity. Any productive input would be most appreciated....

You have to admit it looks really cool if you have seen one....for a
portable. It's like a SW radio in the shape of a POCKET PC....*but a
little bigger* Yes I know looks are not what matters, but that is why
I'm here asking for input.

Thanks.