Old December 18th 03, 04:08 AM
Stinger

I thought the same thing until I saw this:

http://tinyurl.com/3584c

enlarged picture that RHF linked at the Yahoo Grundig 900 board. Time is
displayed in "military" format on the top right. And (thank goodness) a
signal strength meter is on the top left.

I wonder if the XM - satellite mode has extended displays (artist / album,
etc.) because that is a HUGE display area, but it sure doesn't look like SW
mode needs it.

-- Stinger

"Jenni_is_a_Whore" wrote in message
Wow, that's suprising. That display seems to have PLENTY of room for

both.

JIAW

"Ken Thomas" wrote in message
Unfortunately it doesn't display time and freq at the same time.
Bummer

On 17 Dec 2003 19:09:00 -0800, (Gary) wrote:

(RHF) wrote in message

. com...

The QUESTION For Me Remains: Does It Have AM-SYNC Detector ? ? ?
= = = Like the Grundig Satellit 800 Millennium.

My information is that is not only has an AM-SYNC detector, but also
passband tuning!

Old December 18th 03, 08:00 AM
RHF

JIAW,

Read Message #442 on the Grundig Satellit 900 eGroup at YAHOO !

"And the ANSWER IS . . . from the CES 2004 WebSite"

- - - YES - The Frequency and Clock are both Displayed.

yilgr ~ RHF
..
..

Old December 18th 03, 04:34 PM
Gary

(RHF) wrote in message . com...
GA,

Read Message #443 on the Grundig Satellit 900 eGroup at YAHOO !

"Identifying the KNOBS & BUTTONS on the Grundig Satellit 900"

For some reason I have been unable to sign up for that message group
so I can't read that message.
Old December 19th 03, 07:51 PM
grumpus

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message ...
"Gary" wrote in message
om...
(rezeiwer) wrote in message

. com...
Looks promising but my wish is it would have also RDS function on FM.
The once proposed and cancelled flag ship Satellit was to have it.
73 rez

My auto radio has RDS and it is almost worthless. Only a couple
stations in all of Central California use it. And when I was in
Sacramento, only two or three stations there used it. Not widely used
to matter whether the radio has it or not - to me, anyway.

I saw KBS FM-2 use RDS once about a couple years ago, don't know whether
they were just testing it or what, but haven't seen it since.

Hi, there are at least two stations here in Western NY that use RDS.
FWIW, the Satellit 700 has RDS facilities, more than I supposed. The
classical station out of Buffalo on 94.5 used to trigger the RDS
function in a static way, i.e., if the signal was strong enough "WNED
94.5" would appear at the top of the display and stay there unless the
signal faded. Now I find that the station is transmitting a cheiron
(sic?) which scrolls across the display. It reads "94.5 WNED-MEMBER
SUPPORTED CLASSICAL MUSIC IN BUFFALO". The 700 has a demo mode which
will display a cheiron advertising the 700's attributes, but it never
dawned on me that this was part of its RDS facilities. Pretty cool,
but I wonder if the 700 is set up to display a broadcaster's playlist
or at least the title, artist, conductor, etc. of the performance at
hand. Perhaps it is and it depends on the broadcaster to transmit a
code which will trigger this additional facility. IIRC, Grundig Radio
Boy has a link which details the mechanics of RDS reception on his
website.

Regards,

Grumpus