Old December 22nd 03, 06:32 PM
Caribbean Listener

Default 7545kHz Dutch or Afrikaans?

Last night or this morning at 0530 UTC I was flipping through my
bedside SG-606 and caught what sounded like a dutch station on this
frequency. There were commercials and commentary. The format reminded
a lot like the old Springbok Radio from South Africa. Can anyone id
this for me?

Old December 23rd 03, 12:33 AM
Tony Meloche

Caribbean Listener wrote:

Last night or this morning at 0530 UTC I was flipping through my
bedside SG-606 and caught what sounded like a dutch station on this
frequency. There were commercials and commentary. The format reminded
a lot like the old Springbok Radio from South Africa. Can anyone id
this for me?

The only things I can find for that freqency at *any* time of the
day are China National Radio and Kol Israel. Doesn't mean some other
station wasn't using that frequency though, of course.

Tony

Old December 23rd 03, 12:59 AM
Diverd4777

0n 7.545 At 01:00 UTC, I hear what could be Israel;
- SOmeone mentined " Israel" but then " Holland"

_Language Sounds germanic

( Dunno , Guess it's One Big Happy Family ! )

- Which will probably be the REAL New World Order . .

Dan

Old December 23rd 03, 01:03 AM
Diverd4777

Station ID Aside, I travel using a 606A;
- What kind of antenna are you using ??

Dan

PS:Just heard the words "Palestinian "

- Probably Kohl.. ( Broadcasting to Western Europe ?? )

Old December 23rd 03, 01:45 AM
Diverd4777

- Here in NYC:
Just picked this broadcast up on my Jwin JX-M14 ( Off The Whip ! )
- Ad for American Express..

- Strong Signal !!

- 01:45 UTC: Now Mideastern / Spanish / Mediterranian type music...

Music for Drinking Ouzo ( I suppose )

Dan

Old December 23rd 03, 02:05 PM
Caribbean Listener

I use the outboard wire antenna I have clipped on top blind of a
window. I live in a penthouse in a six-floor building. It works pretty
well. That 606A is a great little receiver. I too take it along when I
travel. Cheers