Old December 23rd 03, 01:20 PM
N8KDV

Default Diego Garcia-13254

Diego Garcia up on 13254 this morning with a good signal. Noted first at
1312 here.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old December 23rd 03, 10:38 PM
Jim Douglas

Is this flight control stuff you are listening to or ? I am still trying to
hear something from the island.

Old December 23rd 03, 10:43 PM
N8KDV

Yes, communications between Diego Tower and/or Command Post with aircraft in
the area. Either enroute to/departing from and aircraft transiting the area.

Old December 24th 03, 01:21 PM
N8KDV

Jim Douglas wrote:

Is this flight control stuff you are listening to or ? I am still trying to
hear something from the island.

I think your best bet is to listen after 12-1300. That's when I generally begin
hearing them here. They are up this morning on the frequency.

Old December 24th 03, 02:01 PM
Rick KB1KIL

It's a hit and miss with me. Sometimes I can hear them but not very often.

I think I should string up another antenna facing east west.

--
73's
Rick

Drake R8 R8B
ICOM R75
Yaesu 7700
Hammarlund SP-600-JX-17

Old December 24th 03, 03:09 PM
Jim Douglas

Thanks for the info, will keep looking for them. I actually have an buddy
that is over there now, he has been there three times now. He is not part of
the air group but with the NavalCommuncationsStation.

13254 Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 0 November 4th 03 01:41 PM
Diego Garcia 13254 N8KDV Shortwave 1 October 29th 03 04:04 AM
13254 Diego Garcia N8KDV Shortwave 0 October 25th 03 01:39 PM
Diego Garcia 13254 N8KDV Shortwave 0 September 29th 03 01:57 PM
Diego Garcia 13254 N8KDV Shortwave 0 August 4th 03 01:25 PM