Old December 28th 03, 03:16 PM
David Mills

Default shortwave broadcast schedules.. + comments on short wave in general

Hello,

I am wondering, might there be some book available that would give the
programming (country and language) being broadcast at a particular frequency
at a particular time?

I find that even with pre-set buttons..it is a bit frustrating as on any
given frequency the station always changes (ie different language or no
broadcast at all) evertime I turn radio on I have to start more or less
from scratch and scan till I find something good. I realize that
experimentation will eventually give me some sort of schedule..but is there
not an easier way?

I will say this...I seem to always be able to pick up someone!

David

A PS...i have had my wonderful new short wave radio just a couple days..and
already I am more informed about world events than after years of domestic
am/fm and television. It is also neat to get other countrie's perspective
on things ( I live in northeast US). It is amazing how provincial the USA is
compared say to Europe! I think though that is largely a function of the
size of our country.

Old December 28th 03, 03:32 PM
Tony Meloche

David Mills wrote:

[...]

Dave:

Go to this link, and download the free program:

http://www.fineware-swl.com/rldb.html

TAKE THE TIME to read the FAQ, and the installation instructions - but I
think you will be very pleased with this.

Tony

Old December 28th 03, 03:57 PM
Diverd4777

Hi David:

" Passport To World band Radio" is what you want;
- usually sold in Large bookstores,

- Also " Monitoring TImes" or Popular Communications"

sold in those Huge magazine stores in large cities..

Dan