Old December 28th 03, 10:59 PM
Guy Vanoverbeke

Default Reducing or eliminating Sony 7600GR beep? or 7600G?

I own a Sony 7600G and it has no beep.

I also have a Sangean ATS-909...

....the unswitchable beeps are very very bad things !

Kind regards,

Guy Vanoverbeke.
à Fareins (01) France
--
site web à http://guyvano.free.fr/
ou http://guyvano.9online.fr

"Mock Turtle" a écrit dans le message de
The Sony 7600GR makes a loud beep when it's scanning bands and wraps
to the beginning of the band again.

The problem is that listening at night with headphones on, the beep is
nearly eardrum-piercing. I would like to be able to reduce the volume
of the beep considerably, or eliminate it completely as a last resort
-- is there a way to to this?

I read somewhere that the older black 7600G didn't make that beeping
sound but I haven't been able to find anyone who carries it.