Old January 3rd 04, 03:51 AM
Tim

Yeah, a case and HUGE power supply. Can also use 2 AA batteries.

"Ken Thomas" wrote in message

Does it come with a case?

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 18:13:53 -0700, "Tim"
wrote:

UPS delivered mine this afternoon. Looks to be brand new and came with
AN-LP2 loop antenna. One of the best deals I've ever gotten. Too bad

I'm
such a n00b to SW listening. I have a lot to learn.

"snow" wrote in message

Hey guys and gals,
Let us know if you actually get the radio. My guess is the lucky ones

will.
Jenni_is_a_Whore wrote in message
Amazon has the Sony ICF-SW07 on sale for 149.88 USD. Isn't the list

price
for this receiver ususally much higher (around 350-400 USD)?

News==----

Newsgroups
---= 19 East/West-Coast Specialized Servers - Total Privacy via

Encryption =---

Old January 3rd 04, 03:06 AM
T. Early

"Tim" wrote in message
UPS delivered mine this afternoon. Looks to be brand new and came

with
AN-LP2 loop antenna. One of the best deals I've ever gotten. Too

bad I'm
such a n00b to SW listening. I have a lot to learn.

Since you seem to be first, you get to answer the questions

Any indication of what year the ROM chip for the major broadcasters
is?

I'm wondering if they still support updates too.

Old January 3rd 04, 12:31 PM
Tim

It says you can get yearly updates to the ROM but I have no idea to check
what year this one is.

Old January 3rd 04, 03:57 PM
T. Early

"Tim" wrote in message
It says you can get yearly updates to the ROM but I have no idea to

check
what year this one is.

Thanks much for checking. I was hoping that there might be something
distinctive that would give us an idea. Perhaps someone else might
know. I also kinda suspect that the "yearly update" language (I think
there's actually a form for sending away like there was with the Sony
"Wave Handbook") may be included in the package without necessarily
meaning you can still get one. Maybe, maybe not. BTW, I don't think
this is a big deal--I'm just curious, since the ROM chip was one of
this radio's innovations when introduced.

Old January 2nd 04, 05:02 PM
Mike Maghakian

I just got shipment confirmation of my sony being shipped UPS , I am sure excited !

Old January 2nd 04, 05:43 PM
Stinger

Same here, Mike.

Woohoo!

-- Stinger

om...

Old January 2nd 04, 06:16 PM
Tom Holden

Stinger wrote:
Same here, Mike.

Woohoo!

-- Stinger

"Mike Maghakian" wrote in message
om...
I just got shipment confirmation of my sony being shipped UPS , I am
sure excited !

"Jenni_is_a_Whore" wrote in message

Amazon has the Sony ICF-SW07 on sale for 149.88 USD. Isn't the list
price for this receiver ususally much higher (around 350-400 USD)?

You guys have got a steal! The price when I just checked is US$399. Must
have been an Oops factor. Then again, it will be interesting to hear what's
in the box when you get it!

Good luck,

Tom

Old January 5th 04, 11:06 PM
JIAW

Well, mine came today. It's a really nice little set. I was considering
selling it, but I think this one is a keeper.

JIAW