Old January 3rd 04, 06:20 AM
chuck

Default ecuador radio station

i listened to a radio station from ecuador on 3810 khz at 09:01 utc on
dec/30/03.
i know it broadcasts standard time intervals like wwv in fort collins, i
have found an address
what i was wondering is if anyone knows if it broadcasts 24 hours a day or
just select days and times?
i have not been able to hear it since.
the signal was fairly weak but stable.
i'm going to send a reception report and see what happens.

thanks
chuck

aurora,ontario,canada

Old January 3rd 04, 12:20 PM
N8KDV

chuck wrote:

i listened to a radio station from ecuador on 3810 khz at 09:01 utc on
dec/30/03.
i know it broadcasts standard time intervals like wwv in fort collins, i
have found an address
what i was wondering is if anyone knows if it broadcasts 24 hours a day or
just select days and times?
i have not been able to hear it since.
the signal was fairly weak but stable.
i'm going to send a reception report and see what happens.

That of course is HD2IOA. Here is the schedule I have, which may or may not be
accurate. I can generally hear them here prior to 1200 on 3810.

0000-1200 1510 3810
1200-1300 1510 5000
1300-2400 1510 7600

I've written many times for a QSL, but have always come up empty handed. Let
us know how you fare.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old January 4th 04, 02:34 AM
Maximus

Congratulations on the catch !
"N8KDV" wrote in message

chuck wrote:

[...]

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM