Old January 3rd 04, 01:35 PM
Michael Bryant

Default Do Hams Tip?

I don't know if they tip, but they definitely wobble.

Old January 3rd 04, 07:31 PM
Peter

Only after a few beers (burp)

Old January 3rd 04, 08:37 PM
Brian Hill

Well Paul. For one waitresses work hard for **** wages. That's why I tip.

--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old January 4th 04, 01:12 AM
Gregory L. Dome

You are right, Brian. Here in Texas they are guaranteed only $2.15 an hour.
tips make up their salary. You should actually tip 15% for average service,
more for exceptional and less for lousy service, and notify the manager.
This is standard business acumen.

Old January 4th 04, 05:18 AM
WShoots1

Only after a few beers (burp)

Yeah, after connecting a few 807s in series.

Bill, K5BY

Old January 4th 04, 05:26 AM
WShoots1

I've begun to tip with cash. I learned that any tip put on a credit card
legally belongs to the owner. But I don't write "cash" or anything in the tip
spot on the cc receipt. I just draw a line through that spot.

I think, too, wait people in restaurants are taxed the same as are railroad
dining car wait persons -- 8% of the take. Usually tips don't average that
much.

Another scam backed by the gun-supported IRS mafia.

Bill, K5BY
Old January 5th 04, 11:49 AM
Dr. Daffodil Swain

Sounds like the hams in Florida, cheap, smelly, loud mouthed, fat,
and....oops, that's me

Old January 6th 04, 02:30 PM

This is the most ridiculous thread I have seem in some time.

It we tip or not is not of your business.

Why don't you people move on to the subject of the newsgroup you are
reading.

"R A D I O"

In other words, Grow Up.