Old January 16th 04, 01:11 PM
Kenneth

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Kenneth wrote:

Soliloquy wrote in message
"Although the manual clearly states the DSP and ANF functions work only
in the SSB mode,

The Owners Manual is wrong the DSP and ANF work ok in the AM mode.
"Spot the Difference with the Sync

synchronous mode includes both sidebands; there is no option to choose
the lower or upper sideband.

This is true in the stock unit but with the kiwa sync det mod you
can chose between lower or sideband in sync AM mode manually using the
2.4 stock filter and the PBT.

But hey! You can accomplish this in a much handier fashion with the R8B! With a
better sync detector! Plus, you can use any darn filter you want! Just a button
push away! Simplicity!

No mods required! (can you imagine?)

By golly!

Hi Steve:Yes with the R8B is like having a pinto with an automatic
transmission.My toyota [Icom R75]have a manual transmission [339
comparator sync det AGC mod] but with a holley carburator [DSP]and two
reinforcements [2 pre-amps]and an alterated motor with [Pete's MW
attenuator removal mod] 2.4,3.3,4,6khz filters,and pro mechanic Phil,
phidelity mod.An oustanding toyota that surpassed an automatic
pinto[drake R8B]in hard core dxing sometime ago in a "simplicity" way.
Old January 16th 04, 01:19 PM
N8KDV

Kenneth wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Kenneth wrote:

Soliloquy wrote in message
[...]

LOL... Thanks for getting my day off to a start with a good laugh!

Steve
Holland, MI
Dake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old January 16th 04, 10:44 PM
Kenneth

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Kenneth wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Kenneth wrote:

Soliloquy wrote in message
[...]

Hi Steve:Thanks for you nice and friendly [not belligerent
response].In the 2004 you seem to be in good shape with a nice site
and giving good advice to the inexperienced and not quarreling with
anybody [until now].If we don't start a new 2004 radios war again
maybe we can make an arrangement to have a "car race" [hard core live
dxing competition] between my toyota R75 vs pinto R8B soon. For race
judges my recommendations are Starman and Les [from the R8B group] and
Phil and M2 [from the Icom R75 gang. Ken
Old January 16th 04, 10:56 PM
N8KDV

Kenneth wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Kenneth wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message ...
Kenneth wrote:

Soliloquy wrote in message
[...]

You don't understand my linguistically challenged friend! You've already lost! No rematches! Thanks
again for the humour!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old January 17th 04, 06:05 AM
DeWayne

"Kenneth" wrote in message
om...

LOL... Thanks for getting my day off to a start with a good laugh!

Steve

Hi Steve:Thanks for you nice and friendly [not belligerent
response].In the 2004 you seem to be in good shape with a nice site
and giving good advice to the inexperienced and not quarreling with
anybody [until now].If we don't start a new 2004 radios war again
maybe we can make an arrangement to have a "car race" [hard core live
dxing competition] between my toyota R75 vs pinto R8B soon. For race
judges my recommendations are Starman and Les [from the R8B group] and
Phil and M2 [from the Icom R75 gang. Ken

Phil??????? NO FAIR : )

DeWayne