Old January 10th 04, 12:19 PM

Default Where's That Station software

Anyone here using WTS software ?

Have you had difficulty with the install or with making this wonderful
program work ?

I can make it easy for you.

You can download the latest version, v1.04, from this location.
The author, Eric Force, is changing his site to this from dobe.com,
so please bear with him during this transition period.

http://s92832259.onlinehome.us/wts/download.htm

Ok, once you have saved the install file, it will by default setup on
whatever drive you saved the file on. If you saved it on say F: drive,
then it will try to install to F:\Program Files\WTS and then create its
own sub-directories under \WTS.

This is a minor problem. You will have to know where on your computer
two files are located. In my case it was easy.

The two files are CALC.EXE & WORDPAD.EXE.

In my case, using Windows 2000 Professional, calc.exe is located in
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32

WORDPAD.EXE is located in C:\WINDOWS\PROGRAM FILES\WINDOWS NT\ACCESSORIES

Once you locate the two files, you will need to locate and edit the
WTSCFG.TXT file and make full path statement. I recommend using wordpad
to edit this file as the WTS software is wordpad friendly.

I have this software to be very helpful for medium wave dx-ing
stateside. During the day while traveling about I note stations I hear
and then look them up when I get home.

Comments to the author, Eric Force , I am sure he will be
glad to hear from other users.

73 and good dx-ing to all.... ..

"Find solutions, not fault."
Old January 10th 04, 01:10 PM
Eric Force

Thanks "M" - appreciate the kind words and installation "help".
dobe.com, however is NOT changing to:

"http://s92832259.onlinehome.us/wts/"

as indicated. I'm merely in the process of CHANGING the web host for
dobe.com. the "new" URL is just a temporary "mirror" of the files in
case there's a glitch during the transition to the new host.

All the best!

Eric

Eric Force
Where's That Station? MW DX Utility
http://www.dobe.com/wts/

M wrote:

The author, Eric Force, is changing his site to this from dobe.com,
so please bear with him during this transition period.

http://s92832259.onlinehome.us/wts/download.htm

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM