Old January 21st 04, 05:12 PM
Burr

Default Oh What a Beautiful day (OT)

Beautiful Day over Here,
Today is what postcards are made of. I sat at the breakfast table
looking out over snow covered hills and mountains with the frost melting
and dripping off my roof pass the window. The sky is as clear as it
could every be, its 45 degrees and warming fast. As I ate, the
hummingbirds were feeding 18 inches from my plate at their feeder,
rabbits were feeding in the yard and the cat from across the street is
crawling in for breakfast also.

Old January 21st 04, 05:46 PM
Diverd4777

Sounds like Paradise Burr;

16 degrees when I awoke, with 15 + MPH Wind...
- Not fit out for man nor beast. !

- So, I got all bundled up & took a walk out in the park.
Tried out some new
" Crampon" - type non-slip , good on Ice & Snow things,

YakTrax Walkers ( www.yaktrax.com )

These cost $20 and are quite servicable. Highly recommended for just getting
around on the ice.
Went all over the snow, packed snow, and glaciers of ice from busted
water maines, didn't even come close to slipping.
The park was quite pretty, with all the frozen icicles, rocks, dark shadows &
blueish snow.

Walked up hill & Down dale ( Small hills, understand) on the ice,
trying out my new winter gear..

Did see a few sparrows & a Sea Gull or two, but Not a Hummingbird in Site !

Springs a ways away 'round here...

Dan

-In article .net, Burr

Old January 21st 04, 06:25 PM
Burr

Sounds nice, I could drive up to the snow but I have a get a lot of
paper work done, maybe tomorrow I'll take a drive up to the snow with my
dog (four legged one)

Burr

PS: The Cat missed!!!!

Old January 21st 04, 07:25 PM
J999w

We had the perfect winter day here yesterday. 17 deg F, warm sun, light
breeze, 90 minutes of classic skiing in 2-4 inches of snow, followed by a bowl
(okay, two) of homemade chilli.

Ahhh.

jw
milwaukee

Old January 22nd 04, 08:46 PM
J999w

-9 here in MN this AM. Winchill only -30.

Ahhhh ... let's go for ice cream !

Car wouldn't start after work this morning, got a ride home then took the
bicycle back with "Heet" and a booster pack. -5F (and windchill ??) to get it
started.

Coldest bicycle ride ever for me (3 miles).

jw
wb9uai
(did it start ... uh, no)
Old January 23rd 04, 09:30 PM
J999w

Riding a Bicycle in -5 weather . . .
- so cold the tires might just shattter..

How did you unfreeze your face ??

Well, it's not _that_ cold.

Had a face mask, no face was no problem, but legs got friggen cold (blue
jeans).

Actually walked back to work the next day with a different car battery in a
back pack ... temp was 0 F, but with a big hooded parka, it wasn't too bad (3
miles). Although my legs got fairly tired lugging that bugger up the hills.

:^]

jw
wb9uai
Milwaukee
(and yes, finally got car started ...whoohoo!)

Beautiful Music Radio Don Broadcasting 0 December 18th 04 06:00 PM
FA: BEAUTIFUL HEATHKIT 400hz CW FILTER>SB-303 >@BIG $24 Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 November 6th 04 02:33 PM
FA: BEAUTIFUL HEATHKIT 400hz CW FILTER>SB-303 >@BIG $24 Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 November 6th 04 02:33 PM
FA: BEAUTIFUL HEATHKIT 400hz CW FILTER>SB-303 >CHEEP Rich WA2RQY Equipment 0 November 2nd 04 02:44 PM
Beautiful Pictures of some really Great Looking Old Radios Brian Denley Shortwave 3 August 20th 03 06:55 PM