Old January 26th 04, 01:00 PM
Lenny

Universal sells reconditioned Grundig YB 400's for $99.
Check it out he
http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0400.html
They're used, but apparently checked and tweaked at the factory I assume.
Lenny

"Pavel" wrote in message
I am new to shortwave. The wife and I are looking for a decent sounding

and
reception wise short-wave radio that can pick up Canada and USA and other
international stations while travelling to places like Eastern Europe,
Mexico - (Eastern) Yucatan, Caribbean

Radio Shack has many but with a maximum of 5 bands? We don't want to

shell
out more than $100. Is that possible? Oh, I should also say that our
success with used products is not very good. So, we should buy new.

Thanks for any advice that you may have.