RadioBanter

-   -   [ OT ] Maureen Dowd: Bush takes the swaggering sheriff routine too far (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40291-re-%5B-ot-%5D-maureen-dowd-bush-takes-swaggering-sheriff-routine-too-far.html)

T.Early January 25th 04 08:16 AM

http://www.iht.com/articles/126098.html

Maureen Dowd NYT Thursday, January 22, 2004

What must it be like to go through life being that obsessively bitter?

In any event, it's nice to hear from the one person remaining who
still reads Dowd.

Michael Bryant January 25th 04 12:23 PM

From: "T.Early"

What must it be like to go through life being that obsessively bitter?

In any event, it's nice to hear from the one person remaining who
still reads Dowd.

I guess you'd recommend Cal "Mr. Happiness" Thomas' column, instead? Dowd is
much better than the host of right-wing "Rushies" columns. Who says the press
is biased to the left? Seems like this is the pinnacle of right-wing columnists
and their insipid moralizations.

Brenda Ann January 25th 04 12:47 PM

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message

Seems like this is the pinnacle of right-wing columnists
and their insipid moralizations.

Insipid?? Meaning you have no taste for moralization? Personally, I think
a(n almost total) lack of morals/morality is a major problem in the world
today. Where do you think we get the Enron's, the Martha Stewarts, ad inf.??

TL Fort January 25th 04 02:14 PM

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 21:47:39 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

Insipid?? Meaning you have no taste for moralization? Personally, I think
a(n almost total) lack of morals/morality is a major problem in the world
today. Where do you think we get the Enron's, the Martha Stewarts, ad inf.??

Man that is the pot calling the kettle black! You want to improve
morals you should start with yourself and your website.

http://www.brenda-annd.com/

Tracy

Diverd4777 January 25th 04 02:53 PM

True, Morality , or lack thereof, is a major problem in the world today..
From The Liar / Robber barons of Enron, Worldcomm,
( see NY Times Magazine of 1/25/2004 )
to people using religion as a justification to destroy other people;

Still, somehow, there are enough good, honest, hardworking, careing people
around the world
to help one another get through this current mess...

( Off Soap Box & Back to Shortwave )

Dan

Jeff January 25th 04 03:17 PM

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message

I guess you'd recommend Cal "Mr. Happiness" Thomas' column, instead? Dowd

is
much better than the host of right-wing "Rushies" columns. Who says the

press
is biased to the left? Seems like this is the pinnacle of right-wing

columnists
and their insipid moralizations.

Yes I would reccomend Thomas any day. He makes much more sense
than most of the screeming meemies on the left. "who says the press is
biased
left"????? are you kidding??? too much wacky weed me thinks. Insipid
morali-
zations??? ,,, sure is better than little or no morals. ---- PLONK

T.Early January 25th 04 04:12 PM

From: "T.Early"

What must it be like to go through life being that obsessively

bitter?

In any event, it's nice to hear from the one person remaining who
still reads Dowd.

I guess you'd recommend Cal "Mr. Happiness" Thomas' column, instead?

Dowd is
much better than the host of right-wing "Rushies" columns. Who says

the press
is biased to the left? Seems like this is the pinnacle of right-wing

columnists
and their insipid moralizations.

What on earth leads to believe I have any love for Cal Thomas based on
something I said about Maureen Dowd? I assume that means I was wrong
and that there are actually -two- people who still read Dowd--my
apologies.

Nevertheless, I did provide you with a jumping off point for a little
rant about "insipid moralizations" (whatever those are), so I guess
that's something.

Michael Bryant January 25th 04 04:41 PM

From: "Brenda Ann"

Insipid?? Meaning you have no taste for moralization? Personally, I think
a(n almost total) lack of morals/morality is a major problem in the world
today. Where do you think we get the Enron's, the Martha Stewarts, ad inf.??

Relax, Brendaa. I'm not opposed to ALL moralizations. I trust you notice I make
a few myself. ;-)

I AM opposed to the insipid specific ones emanating from many right-wing
columnists.

If this doean't satisfy your concern that I am rejecting ALL morals, let me
know and I'll attempt to provide a specific list.

Mike
Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

Michael Bryant January 25th 04 04:44 PM

From: "Jeff"

Yes I would reccomend Thomas any day. He makes much more sense
than most of the screeming meemies on the left. "who says the press is
biased
left"????? are you kidding??? too much wacky weed me thinks.

OK. I invite everyone to carefully read Jeff's sentence. Who do you think is
messed up THIS morning?

;-)

Michael Bryant January 25th 04 04:47 PM

From: "T.Early"

Nevertheless, I did provide you with a jumping off point for a little
rant about "insipid moralizations" (whatever those are), so I guess
that's something.

Example: Ann Coulter saying that anyone opposing Pres. Bush is a traitor.