Old January 25th 04, 10:43 PM
-Rev Jones

Default Radio Shack "Riff Raff"

When did Radio Shack decide to cater to criminals ?

Radio Shack on Union Tpke New Hyde park (Long Island)
Unattended cash register, line backed up, rap music blasting
1 employee arguing with a shady looking cell phone customer, 2 remaining
employees going over cell plans with gang banger trash .
Waited 10 minutes and had to walk out before my parking meter expired
I was willing to leave 2 dollars to walk with a set of .99 cent pack of slug
tweakers (they can keep the change), they said no.
I said a couple choice words and walked out

-RP

Old January 26th 04, 12:09 PM
DYNACOMAN

When did Radio Shack decide to cater to criminals ?

Radio Shack on Union Tpke New Hyde park (Long Island)
Unattended cash register, line backed up, rap music blasting
1 employee arguing with a shady looking cell phone customer, 2 remaining
employees going over cell plans with gang banger trash .
Waited 10 minutes and had to walk out before my parking meter expired
I was willing to leave 2 dollars to walk with a set of .99 cent pack of slug
tweakers (they can keep the change), they said no.
I said a couple choice words and walked out

-RP

Didn't you hear? Radio Shack is now Cell phone shack.

Old January 26th 04, 01:41 PM
CAndersen (Kimba)

"-Rev Jones" wrote:

It's a typical story when you have people working on commission.

Each Radio Shack store has its own personality. Around here we have an
angry Radio Shack, a racist Radio Shack, a lazy Radio Shack...

--
Reply address munged. You can figure it out.

Old January 26th 04, 10:35 PM
Jim Douglas

Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats checking out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Old January 26th 04, 11:00 PM
Gray Shockley

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:35:01 -0600, Jim Douglas wrote
(in message pCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02):

Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats checking out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

[chuckle]

I've never even /used/ one.

However, my wife has one and still even has the analog "bag phone" she has
had for many years.

And I even like the people at my local (Vicksburg, Mississippi US) RadioShack
store even though I tell them how bad the RadioShack website is (apparently,
they've mentioned it - once or 500 times) to their District Manager.

Gray Shockley
--------------------------
Entropy Maintenance Technician
Tao Chemical Company
--------------------------

http://www.compcomm.com/
Vicksburg, Mississippi US

Old January 26th 04, 11:20 PM
-Rev Jones

ROTFL !! Yeah Me !!!
"Don't need new and Improved"
Who needs more contracts, paying more taxes, paying, marketing to blah blah
blah all day ! (Like the yapping testosterone loaded soccer mom's road
raging in the SUV to get $6 coffee at Starbucks)
Cell phones, like silicone are the work of Satan !!

Don't need no cable TV too, Cheap and simple is sanctuary
I used a pager for the past 10 years, I like my gritts cheap, old and
crummy

-Rev.RP Jones

newsCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02...

Old January 26th 04, 11:26 PM
Frank Dresser

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
newsCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02...
Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats

checking out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or

something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Never had a cell phone. I guess I'm lucky. I can get annoyed for free,
I don't need to pay for it.

Frank Dresser

Old January 26th 04, 11:50 PM
N8KDV

Jim Douglas wrote:

Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats checking out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Never had one, don't want one. That electromagnetic radiation is dangerous by yo
haid.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B
"I swear by, not at, Drake receivers" ©

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old January 27th 04, 02:44 AM
Tony Meloche

Frank Dresser wrote:

"Jim Douglas" wrote in message
newsCgRb.157167$xy6.750562@attbi_s02...
Interesting, it's the same here. Usually a couple of dead beats

checking out
the phones and they get the attention. They must be cheap or

something? I
figure if you don't have a cell phone by now you don't need one?

It there anybody out there who DOES NOT have a cell phone?

Never had a cell phone. I guess I'm lucky. I can get annoyed for free,
I don't need to pay for it.

Frank Dresser

My wife has had one for years, which I applaud (a woman traveling
alone in a car a lot - a must-have). But I never had one or wanted one
until my wife grabbed me by the lapels and jerked me into the 21st
century at Christmas. She bought me the phone and a 2-year
subscription. I travel to work each day down I-94 in Berrien County, MI
(read: "out-of-nowhere" blinding snow squalls). She said she wanted a
phone in that car with the types of cirmcumstance I occasionally have to
drive through to and from work. Hard to argue her logic there.

On RatShack (and I think I mentioned this once before), there are two
in my area. One I stopped going into some time ago, because if you went
in for a pair of D cell batteries, the manager would immediately get you
in a half-Nelson to buy six things you wanted no part of - and he was
persistent! T'ell with that crap!

Tony