Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 3rd 04, 10:34 PM
Nick

Default A couple of Sony 7600GR questions

Hi, I have a 7600GR that I use for utility monitoring. It's all my
budget would allow at the time and I've been quite happy with it. I
was thinking of trading up to a s/h receiver like an R2000 or FRG100
etc, however, I have heard people say that when connected to a decent
antenna, there is not much between any of these radios performance
wise. Is this about right or would I notice much better performance
from a FRG100? (I appreciate the extra facilities on these radios, but
I just want to compare like with like).

Secondly, when using the ext antenna input on the 7600GR, would it be
a 50ohm balanced input or a 300ohm non-balanced one? I use a long wire
and want to know if a balun would be worth buying...

Thanks in advance,

Nick

The main problem with Ham radio... Observer Policy 59 February 1st 04 07:43 PM
FS: Sony 7600GR DeWayne Shortwave 1 January 17th 04 05:43 AM
Reducing or eliminating Sony 7600GR beep? or 7600G? Guy Vanoverbeke Shortwave 0 December 28th 03 10:59 PM
FS: Sony 7600GR Portable SW/FM receiver - Immaculate G24017 Shortwave 1 November 4th 03 05:05 AM
Sony 7600GR Cell Phones and Amish The Dawn Soliloquy Shortwave 1 September 8th 03 01:59 PM