Old February 6th 04, 01:49 AM
N8KDV

Here is an email from the SWL Listserver regarding the WWV 15 MHz spurs:

I got fancy at lunch today and hooked the lab's HP 8902A to dipole via
a tunable preselector. Signal is up to -120 dBm at times (after subtracting
the gain of the preselector, since the 8902A doesn't read that low.) Work
is in middle TN, heck of a field strength for such a boo boo at that
distance! Pretty strong here at home too, about the same if you calculate
S units using the VOACAP method and cheat a little, it is almost S-2 on my
Icom 756 Pro. It has faded to barely audible at 2345.

And work is a USAF PMEL ( Cal lab .) We send things NIST because they
are the standard we are supposed to go by. Interesting they have let
it go that long.

73

Tom KA4RKT

N8KDV wrote:

I just received an email from a fellow on the West Coast saying that WWV
on 15 MHz is putting out some spurs.

Audible there, and here on 15026 and 14974.

Not the first time this has happened as I recall.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old February 6th 04, 09:09 PM
Mark Keith

N8KDV wrote:

I just received an email from a fellow on the West Coast saying that WWV
on 15 MHz is putting out some spurs.

Audible there, and here on 15026 and 14974.

Not the first time this has happened as I recall.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Dang...I'm hearing them today. Pretty weak, but they are there. I have
wwv at 20-30 over 9 today. BTW, my antenna is my paralleled 160/80/40
meter dipoles.
About 440 ft of wire in the air total. MK