Old February 3rd 04, 11:14 PM
N8KDV

Default WWV 15 MHz

I just received an email from a fellow on the West Coast saying that WWV
on 15 MHz is putting out some spurs.

Audible there, and here on 15026 and 14974.

Not the first time this has happened as I recall.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old February 4th 04, 01:28 AM
Bob

N8KDV wrote:

I just received an email from a fellow on the West Coast saying that WWV
on 15 MHz is putting out some spurs.

Audible there, and here on 15026 and 14974.

Not the first time this has happened as I recall.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

might be wwvh? right now wwvh is covering wwv very well. no spurs seen
on my proII, nor are any heard.

---------------------------
to see who "wf3h" is, go to "qrz.com"
and enter 'wf3h' in the field
Old February 4th 04, 02:33 AM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

I just received an email from a fellow on the West Coast saying that WWV
on 15 MHz is putting out some spurs.

Audible there, and here on 15026 and 14974.

Not the first time this has happened as I recall.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

might be wwvh? right now wwvh is covering wwv very well. no spurs seen
on my proII, nor are any heard.

Nope, not WWVH.

---------------------------

Old February 4th 04, 03:12 AM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

I just received an email from a fellow on the West Coast saying that WWV
on 15 MHz is putting out some spurs.

Audible there, and here on 15026 and 14974.

Not the first time this has happened as I recall.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

might be wwvh? right now wwvh is covering wwv very well. no spurs seen
on my proII, nor are any heard.

I just looked at the time of your post. You were a bit late for the party time
wise. The spurs were very weak, and that was with WWV in at about S9+10. Have
to check again tomorrow.

---------------------------

Old February 4th 04, 05:29 PM
Mark Keith

N8KDV wrote in message

I just looked at the time of your post. You were a bit late for the party time
wise. The spurs were very weak, and that was with WWV in at about S9+10. Have
to check again tomorrow.

I just checked here. "11:24 in the AM". WWV was S9 plus. I heard no
spurs here.
Checked both side freq's , both of which were quiet. Radio was my
706mk2g. Make sure your noise blanker is not on...That will greatly
degrade the dynamic range.
BTW, I'm hearing both WWVH and WWV. WWV being the strongest at this
time. MK
Old February 4th 04, 05:34 PM
N8KDV

Mark Keith wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message

I just looked at the time of your post. You were a bit late for the party time
wise. The spurs were very weak, and that was with WWV in at about S9+10. Have
to check again tomorrow.

I just checked here. "11:24 in the AM". WWV was S9 plus. I heard no
spurs here.
Checked both side freq's , both of which were quiet. Radio was my
706mk2g. Make sure your noise blanker is not on...That will greatly
degrade the dynamic range.
BTW, I'm hearing both WWVH and WWV. WWV being the strongest at this
time. MK

Don't know what to tell you. Noise blanker is not on. Spurs are being heard on 3
different receivers. They are also being heard by others I'm currently emailing with
(some on the west coast), and a fellow down the street from me just checked and he
can also hear them.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old February 4th 04, 06:14 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Mark Keith wrote:

N8KDV wrote in message

I just looked at the time of your post. You were a bit late for the party time
wise. The spurs were very weak, and that was with WWV in at about S9+10. Have
to check again tomorrow.

I just checked here. "11:24 in the AM". WWV was S9 plus. I heard no
spurs here.
Checked both side freq's , both of which were quiet. Radio was my
706mk2g. Make sure your noise blanker is not on...That will greatly
degrade the dynamic range.
BTW, I'm hearing both WWVH and WWV. WWV being the strongest at this
time. MK

Don't know what to tell you. Noise blanker is not on. Spurs are being heard on 3
different receivers. They are also being heard by others I'm currently emailing with
(some on the west coast), and a fellow down the street from me just checked and he
can also hear them.

By the way, to hear the spurs I'm using a 200' antenna running E-W.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B