RadioBanter

-   -   Revolution in Haiti? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/40533-revolution-haiti.html)

Fredric J. Einstein February 8th 04 05:34 AM

I sure miss 4VEH "The Evangical Voice of Haiti". I used to get it on
shortwave as well as medium wave from my childhood home in Chicago.

Surprisingly, they're still on the air on AM and FM in Haiti! Has
anyone been able to receive them on 840 kHz?

Michael Bryant February 8th 04 04:47 PM

From: Fredric J. Einstein

Surprisingly, they're still on the air on AM and FM in Haiti! Has
anyone been able to receive them on 840 kHz?

Any receiver would have to be real close to the transmitter given WHAS-840's 50
kW clear channel slot out of Louisville, KY.

Beloved Leader February 9th 04 03:08 AM

tommyknocker wrote in message ...
... which is why they speak Spanish in the
Dominican Republic and French (well, Creole) in Haiti.

Voice of America broadcasts to the Caribbean in Creole, from 4:00
p.m EST to 5:30 p.m. EST, on 9670 kHz. Comes in loud and clear here in
Virginia. 4 p.m EST is 2100 UTC.