Old February 8th 04, 08:26 PM
N8KDV

Michael Bryant wrote:

From: N8KDV

Show us the *evidence* that he called every newspaper 'in a state'.

There are only two major newspapers in Utah - the Deseret News (owned by the
LDS Church) and the Salt Lake Tribune. Both are located 200 miles away from
Cedar City. Those two and the WSU Signpost (even further north) all ran pieces
citing contact from Burns.

I believe all three have internet searchable archives. Their stories were
essentially word-for-word the same.

You are saying you were not arrested? How could you be cited for possession
of
marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and interfering with an arrest
then?

Semantics on your part perhaps?

Nope, three charges by citation. No arrest.

Yada, yada, yada... More spin on your part. Most *reasonable* people would consider
you to have been *arrested*.

I've never seen the inside of any jail.

So?

They weren't interested in spending any
money to secure me, just in getting their hands on fine revenue.

No, they were interested in you because you were committing a crime.

No semantics. I was going to fight the charges in court, but the judge (against
Burns suggestions) kept the fines low enough where it made more sense to pay
them. No parole or probation. And no charges being filed against my debaters.

So, try to get over it, Steve.

Nothing for me to *get over* Mikey.

The whole thing had nothing to do with why you
got so ballistic in the first place.

Ballistic?

And I'vewon more in bets predicting your
actions in the past few days than I had to pay in fines! ;-)

Yeah sure! Another crock of s**t. Do you never, ever stop?

Please feel free to prove where I'm lying about anything.

Have proved it! Read the damn posts. You've been lying your ass off!

Whydon't we give the newsgroup a break, Centurion?

(Read: Stop picking on me, I'm such a loser)

Must be a sign you're giving up. Fits your MO. So predictable!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old February 8th 04, 11:22 PM
Telamon

In article ,

From: N8KDV

Show us the *evidence* that he called every newspaper 'in a state'.

There are only two major newspapers in Utah - the Deseret News (owned
by the LDS Church) and the Salt Lake Tribune. Both are located 200
miles away from Cedar City. Those two and the WSU Signpost (even
further north) all ran pieces citing contact from Burns.

I believe all three have internet searchable archives. Their stories
were essentially word-for-word the same.

You are saying you were not arrested? How could you be cited for
possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and
interfering with an arrest then?

Semantics on your part perhaps?

Nope, three charges by citation. No arrest.

**********************
Hallmeyer pleads guilty to drug charge
Tanna Barry | editor in chief
March 13, 2002

Both Hallmeyer and Bryant were arrested in connection with the incident.
As part of a plea agreement, Bryant pleaded guilty on Nov. 27 to two of
the three misdemeanors with which he was charged.

**********************
Prosecutor: Bryant must appear to plead
by Tanna Barry | editor in chief
November 16, 2001

Bryant, 43, resigned from his position as a Weber State University
professor and debate coach after news of the three charges spread. The
charges of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia
and interfering with arrest stem from an alleged drug incident on Oct.
6 while the debate team was competing in a tournament in Cedar City.

**************************
The Signpost names top 10 stories of year
May 01, 2002
Top Ten News Stories

4. Michael Bryant, former WSU professor and debate coach, and Nathan
Hallmeyer were arrested in connection with drug charges while on a
debate tournament. Both pleaded guilty to the charges relating to the
Nov. 27 incident.

***************************
Note that the word arrest was used in all articles.

Mike made the top ten.

I've never seen the inside of any jail. They weren't interested in
spending any money to secure me, just in getting their hands on fine
revenue.

No semantics. I was going to fight the charges in court, but the
judge (against Burns suggestions) kept the fines low enough where it
made more sense to pay them. No parole or probation. And no charges
being filed against my debaters.

So, try to get over it, Steve. The whole thing had nothing to do with
why you got so ballistic in the first place. And I'vewon more in

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 8th 04, 11:41 PM
Doctor Artaud

Telamon wrote in
:

1. What's white on the outside, black on the inside, and comes in little
cans?

2. Why does Michael Jackson like twentynine year olds?

3. How do you know it's bedtime at Neverland?

Scroll Down if Needed.

1. Michael Jackson

2. Because there's 20 of them.

3. When the big hand touches the little hand.

Old February 9th 04, 03:27 AM
Dxluver

You are saying you were not arrested?

**********************

Both Hallmeyer and Bryant were arrested in connection with the incident.
As part of a plea agreement, Bryan

*************rest snipped*************
Enough said. Case closed.:-D
Old February 9th 04, 08:22 AM
RHF

MWB,

I Don't Think that this Current Thread is 'A Window into RHF';
as much as You have made it A-Mirror-Unto-Yourself - "MWB" !

~ RHF
..
..
= = = ojunk (Michael Bryant)
= = = wrote in message ...
If you read the news story that was printed in the WSU Sign Post
online News Paper. The 'arrest' came about during a WSU sponsored
event: MWB was on the Job at a Student Event.

Had MWB simply been 'doing-his-thing' at home alone or
with friends; most likely there would have been "No Problem".

BUT - The underlying issue for MWB's arrest and prosecution may
really have been a WSU 'official' [MWB] acting as a corrupting
influence on the "Young Students".

At that time the Good People of Utah, take a dim view of Adults
who have been a bad example for there youth.

about: The former Iron County District Attorney "Scott Burns"
became Federal Assistant Drug Czar in the Bush Adminstartion.
http://www.marijuana.org/PRmenageAtrois.htm

"Scott Burns" Deputy Director for State and Local Affairs at
the White House Office of Drug Control Policy.
http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread15289.shtml

"Iron County District Attorney SCOTT BURNS has won reelection
in rural southern Utah four times by not prosecuting anyone
under the State's anti-polygamy laws and instead focusing the
resources of his office on marijuana users. His zeal in
prosecuting marijuana cases has earned him President George
W. Bush's nomination to be Deputy Director for State and Local
Affairs in the Office of National Drug Control Policy."
http://www.hempevolution.org/media/m...g/mo011205.htm

jm2cw ~ RHF

Thank you, Fisk.

First, thanks for proving that I was dealing with a prosecutor who had his
sights on a higher office. BTW, have you ever heard of prosecutor making such
statements to the press in a case involving misdemeanor marijuana before the
case even went to trial?

Second, thanks for proving my point that I was dealing with a prosecutor with
misguided priorities. Even though Iron County has some of the highest rates of
polygamy (hardly a victimless crime, particularly with frequent case of forced
juvenile marriages) and methamphetamine abuse, here was a prosecutor that made
a career of trying to send college student caught with miniscule amounts of
marijuana to prison. It tells you a lot about the inhabitants of that area that
they would four times relect an official with such misguided priorities. The
fact the Your Pesident thought such misguided priorites ere cause for federal
appointment says a lot about Bush, too.

What I would like anyone still following this foolishness to do is read the
rest of your web sites instead of the snippet you chose to edit out. When they
do so they'll find out about:

1. Mr Burns' twice-failed attempt at statewide election to the Utah office of
State Attorney General. Verifying, of course, what N8KDV said I was lying
about.

2. The atrocious crimes perpetuated by polygamy upon juvenile females. Mr.
Burns ran for office bragging about having never prosecuted a single polygamist
married to an underage female. Obviously, a quarter ounce of marijuana was a
far more serious crime in his twisted scheme of reality. That George Bush would
reward Mr. Burns with a federal office is a telling indict of Mr. Bush's own
priorities.

3. That Cedar City paid its debt caused by bad Wall Street investments by a
collusion between the County Attorney (Scott Burns) and the City Attorney
(Alice Burns, Scotty's wife!) to heap inordinate penalties on travelers passing
through Cedar City. The routine was to file multiple charges with threats of
multi-year prison terms to get their victims to pay fines when they agreed to
non-contested plea bargains. So, the Burns' moral crusade against pot was an
extremely profit-based crusade. Yep, it's easy to see what Bush finds so
delightful about this fellow.

What you won't find in your sites, Mr. Fisk, is the way Scott Burns engaged in
a form of personal assassination against anyone he prosecuted. For example, the
interviews he called into three newspapers make it appear that I was caught
smoking pot with a male student in a hotel room. Nice overtones and subtle
hints of homosexuality. What he failed to mention was that there were over 15
people of both sexes and severaal schools in the hotel room relaxing and
socializing and that the substances found were not on my person. One might
wonder why a prosecutor would leave that information out.

BTW, it was 200 miles from WSU and not a WSU-sponsored event, as you suggested.

Again, folks, don't take my word for it. Read Roy Fisk's own URLs:

http://www.marijuana.org/PRmenageAtrois.htm

http://www.cannabisnews.com/news/thread15289.shtml

http://www.hempevolution.org/media/m...g/mo011205.htm

Thanks for all your help, Roy Fisk! Remember, it was George Bush, your favorite
President, that chose to reward an individual like Scott Burns.

Old February 9th 04, 08:56 AM
RHF

MWB,

" * * * * *
Hallmeyer pleads guilty to drug charge
Tanna Barry | editor in chief
March 13, 2002

Both Hallmeyer and Bryant were arrested in connection with the incident.
As part of a plea agreement, Bryant pleaded guilty on Nov. 27 to two of
the three misdemeanors with which he was charged.

* * * * *
Prosecutor: Bryant must appear to plead
by Tanna Barry | editor in chief
November 16, 2001

Bryant, 43, resigned from his position as a Weber State University
professor and debate coach after news of the three charges spread. The
charges of possession of marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia
and interfering with arrest stem from an alleged drug incident on Oct.
6 while the debate team was competing in a tournament in Cedar City.

* * * * * "

? MWB ? QUESTIONS ?

1. WHO IS HALLMEYER ?

1.A. Was Hallmeyer a Teacher/Instructor ?
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

1.B. Was Hallmeyer a Student ?
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

2. Were you in-fact a employed as "Professor" at Weber State
University at the time of this 'Alledged Drug Incident'.
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

3. Were you in-fact a "Serving" as the "Debate Coach" of the
Weber State University Debate Team [Students] at the time of
this 'Alledged Drug Incident'?
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

4. Was the Weber State University Debate Team in-fact completing
in Tournament in Cedar City at the time of this 'Alledged Drug
Incident'?
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

5. Did you in-fact Make and Appearance in Court ?
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

6. Did you in-fact Enter a Plea ?
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

7. Did you in-fact Pay a Fine(s) ?
= = = Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

Just the Facts MWB - Simply Answer: Yes -or- No - MWB.

ir... ~ RHF
= = = I Remain... RHF.
..
..