Old February 9th 04, 04:57 PM

Default WTOP DX test

Here's notice of an upcoming DX test...

PLEASE NOTE: Even if you don't hear a test, be sure and drop a card,
letter, or e-mail to the station personnel, thanking them for going to
the trouble to run a test!

Sunday, March 14, 2004 - WTOP-1500, Washington, DC will conduct a DX
test from midnight - 1am EST. The test will consist of WTOP's regular
all-news format; the station identifies frequently. The test will be
run at WTOP's full power of 50000 watts, and will switch to a
daytime-directional antenna pattern for the duration of the test.

Reception reports may be sent to:

WTOP Radio
3400 Idaho Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016

WWW: http://www.wtopnews.com/

(Arranged by Lynn Hollerman for the IRCA CPC.)

Also, if you hear a test, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know, via either
e-mail or in rec.radio.shortwave! And if you send a reception report
a station, please remember to include return postage with your
report...

Lynn.
)
Visit the IRCA Web site at http://www.ircaonline.org

Old February 10th 04, 04:33 AM
Jake Brodsky

On 9 Feb 2004 15:57:58 GMT, wrote:

[...]

Will the test also take place on the other WTOP frequency of 820 kHz?

Jake Brodsky

"Never mind the Turing Test, what about the Turing Graduates?"

Old February 10th 04, 04:49 PM
Mike Ward

On 10 Feb 2004 03:33:20 GMT, Jake Brodsky wrote:

Will the test also take place on the other WTOP frequency of 820 kHz?

Well, since WTOP will be running its regular all-news format, which is
simulcasted 24/7 on 820 and 107.7/Warrenton, VA, I guess so

But I don't think they're going to do anything special with the 820 or
107.7 transmitter power/direction/etc.

Mike

Old February 11th 04, 02:08 AM
Ted Langdell

Did WTOP have to get a special temporary authority to use daytime
power/pattern for this?

If not, what portion of the rules grants the authority to do so in the
middle of the night. "Experimental time?"

Ted.

Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.broadcasting

Old February 11th 04, 09:16 PM
Hollerman Geralyn M

Jake Brodsky wrote:
Will the test also take place on the other WTOP frequency of 820 kHz?

Another DXer asked me that same question; I asked the person that said
they'd run the test if that were the case, and I have yet to have heard
back. But if they're simucast, I'd imagine it will - but I know nothing
about the pattern on the 820 station.

Lynn.

Old February 13th 04, 09:51 AM
Dxluver

But if they're simucast, I'd imagine it will - but I know nothing
about the pattern on the 820 station.

Hey Lynn,
Can you email me privately, I have a question to ask you.

Thanks