Old February 12th 04, 07:36 AM
RHF

= = = N8KDV
= = = wrote in message ...

RHF wrote:

MM,

"recently I have compared the 800 to a Kenwood R-5000,
no contest, the 800 is far better.
and yes, the 5000 has the upgraded AM filter"

MM - I would like to hear more about this comparison of the
Grundig Satellit 800-M and the Kenwood R-5000.

Please Tell Me More ~ RHF

A Satellite 800 better than a Kenwood R-5000?

Hard to believe!

N8KDV,

Thats why I would like to hear... "The Rest of the Story."

MM - Please Tell Me More.

iwtk ~ RHF
..
..

.
.
= = = Mike Maghakian
= = = wrote in message ...
if you get it, it MUST be properly modified to be a good receiver. the
bad reviews are for the unmodified 394 and they are valid. HOWEVER a
PROPERLY modified DX-394 is far superior to the stock version. the
properly modified 394 is a fun and usable radio.

also don't pay too much. a modified 394 is only worth about $200. for
the $250 that many people pay you can almost get a Satellit 800, the
best radio for the money on the market.

recently I have compared the 800 to a Kenwood R-5000, no contest, the
800 is far better. and yes, the 5000 has the upgraded AM filter

Leonard Martin wrote:

Does anybody want to state an opinion on this receiver?

Leonard

Old February 14th 04, 12:19 AM
RHF

MM,

I just thought that besides your Speaker Mod to the Grundig Satellit 800 M.

That you may have done some other Modifications to the
Grundig Satellit 800 M, like Filters and such.

I (and I think others) will be interesting to hear your views
once your Kenwood R-5000 is Sold.

I await your Report - Hence the New Suject Line"

The Untold Story: Grundig Satellit 800 M -=V=- Kenwood R-5000
- by Mike Maghakian

iwtk ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Mike Maghakian
= = = wrote in message ...
can't say more until someone buys my R-5000

RHF wrote:
= = = N8KDV

Old February 14th 04, 04:20 AM
Mike Maghakian

I just purchased another 800 at a very nice price. this 800 will be
receiving TWO filter replacements the wide will become wider and the
middle filter will have a MEASURED bandwidth that is narrower. I will
also experiment some more with the speaker and other items.

= = = wrote in message ...

can't say more until someone buys my R-5000

RHF wrote:

= = = N8KDV