Old February 14th 04, 02:37 PM
Lenny

Default First Time Reception Reports

I usually don't get to listen early in the morning.
But since it's Sat, and the rest of the family is still sleeping, I turned
on the R75 (all Kiwa mods, Antenna Supermarket Dipole with traps, coax feed)
to see what I could find:
Here's the particulars:

1300 9335 KHz Voice of Korea (DPR) Pyongyang Very muffled male
voice; every other word was "glorious revolution" or "beloved leader Kim
Jong Il"

1330 21605 Emirates Radio Dubai Quite
clear, some fading, male and female voices with news then a discussion of
what the Koran
says about charity; the funny thing was they both had British accents

These are my best catches so far. I've gotta start listening more in the
morning.
Lenny

Old February 14th 04, 04:28 PM
Diverd4777

Thanks for posting this Lenny:
I like Radio Australia in the A.M,

check it out on 9.580

Old February 14th 04, 05:53 PM
N8KDV

Maximus wrote:

Dubai is a nice catch All India R., Bangalore 17:20 UTC English Sitar
music

And the frequency is?

Old February 15th 04, 02:00 PM
King Pineapple

"Lenny" wrote in message

These are my best catches so far. I've gotta start listening more in the
morning.

Give Mongolia a try, 12015 during the window of 1000-1200 UT, Best
propagation to the US is in late February-early March. Be patient, some of
the programming isn't in English, but there is a half hour in English
sandwiched in there.

Radio Australia comes in extremely well mornings on 9580. Another one to try
is Papua New Guinea on 4890.

Craig, WPE1HNS
Meredith, NH USA

Drake R8B/Alpha Delta DX Sloper
Sony SW-77
Sony ICF-2010
2 x Phillips/Magnavox D2935
Uniden CR-2021
Knight Kit Star Roamer (permanently tuned to Turkey on 9460)
GE Superadio II/Select-A-Tenna
Delphi Ski-Fi XM/3" Antennae

Tuning since 1963