Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 17th 04, 10:13 PM
oan

Default Sony xr ca 640

I have a question...
I seriously think of buying a car receiver to listen to shortwave
bands in my car. I have been looking for a car receiver which has
shortwave bands for years here in Turkey and in my journeys to other
european countries. Never met one in local stores or duty free shops.
I read articles written here in rec radio shortwaves about sw
listeners from US who bought sony sw car receivers. Those listeners
says that they bought these receivers from a store called "jacky's"
(that's jackys.com) located in Dubai. I tried to do the same for xr ca
640. But, when I sent the order, they wanted the copy of my driver
license, a paper with my signature on it and a photocopy of my credit
card. I think this is odd! I have bought many items via e trade on
internet and never been asked for such things. Is there anyody who
bought anything from jacky's? If so, do you think this is a safe way?
Otherwise, i will wait for a friend who will pass by Dubai in his/her
way to far east from Istanbul.
My other question is about sony xr ca 640. Is there anybody who uses
it? I want to use it to listen to major broadcasts like BBC or VOA or
Voice of Russia in my car, but i'd like to have some "light" dx ing
too. Is xr ca 640 a good choice? Do you suggest any other receiver for
these purposes?
thanks alot.