Old January 3rd 04, 05:39 PM
Chuck Gulker

Default FS: New/Unopened Sony ICF-SW07 -- $ 275 Delivered

For Sale: just received brand new Sony ICF-SW07 portable shortwave radio.
I only opened the outside shipping box to verify contents. I have never
opened the Sony box (picture of the Sony package available upon request).
Save about a hundred dollars over the current lowest Internet price. $
275.00 delivered to your door. I will pay shipping and insurance. E-mail
me privately if you are interested in purchasing this new radio.

The ICF-SW07 is packed with features and performance. Frequency coverage is
150 to 29999 kHz to include all longwave, medium wave (AM) and shortwave
frequencies. FM stereo is provided to the earphone and line out jacks on the
side of the radio. The dual conversion shortwave circuit supports 1 kHz
readout for precise tuning via the up/down buttons, scanning or 80
user-defined alphanumeric memories. A new feature called SW Station Call
Tuning (VOA/BBC/DW/Other) automatically chooses frequencies used in your
time zone from the removable ROM data module. The ROM is accessable through
a door on the bottom of the radio. Sony offers an optional updated ROM from
time to time. Other refinements include: synchronous detection, SSB single
sideband reception, tone switch, lock, 24 hour clock timer, sleep timer,
variable attenuator, external antenna jack and backlit display. This radio
can operate with the cover closed.

Supplied accessories include: carry case, AN-LP2 active loop antenna, Sony
Wave Handbook, AC adapter and stereo earphones. Requires two AA cells (not
supplied). Silver and gray case. Only 5.4x1.3x3.6 inches 9 oz (137x33x91 mm
257 g) when closed.

Old January 3rd 04, 10:07 PM
Maximus

Loran is being phased out as far as I know, in favor of satellites. Some of
the things on shortwave are radioteletype, radiotelephone, single sideband
military communications, marine single sideband communications, amateur
radio transmissions, aircraft, you name it. There is also a lot of radio
frequency energy coming from everything digital in the world, including
broadband over power lines, telephone lines, and wirelss stuff from
computers and many other things. It's quite a soup out there S.

Old January 4th 04, 03:26 AM
HFguy

Chuck Gulker wrote:

For Sale: just received brand new Sony ICF-SW07 portable shortwave radio.
I only opened the outside shipping box to verify contents. I have never
opened the Sony box (picture of the Sony package available upon request).
Save about a hundred dollars over the current lowest Internet price. $
275.00 delivered to your door. I will pay shipping and insurance. E-mail
me privately if you are interested in purchasing this new radio.

How about selling it to a newcomer to shortwave for $149? Does that
price sound familiar? :-)

Old January 4th 04, 04:07 AM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

I think there will be a _lot_ of SW07's for sale at "bargain basement"
prices during the next few weeks.

JIAW

Old January 4th 04, 04:28 AM
T.Early

"Jenni_is_a_Whore" wrote in message
I think there will be a _lot_ of SW07's for sale at "bargain

basement"
prices during the next few weeks.

JIAW

And it's all your fault!

Seriously, though, will buyers receive the original Amazon receipt for
warranty purposes?

Old January 4th 04, 05:07 PM
T.Early

"snow" wrote in message

Even at $275 that is better than $399 or so for that radio.

I agree--$275 is better than $399--and anyone who still wants one
should probably consider it.

I just hope JIAW is getting a small commission on the 75% markup.

Old January 4th 04, 05:54 PM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

I accept Paypal, cashiers check/money orders.

I have to say that this is probably the first time in my life that I
stumbled on a deal (or mistake or whatever it was) like this. In the case
of unuaual discounts or deals, I seem to get to the "bargin bin" right after
the last unit has been snatched up. Such is my luck.

I would still like to know for the reason for this massive discount. It
doesn't seem to be replicated by other mercahnts. Perhaps somebody at
Amazon made their Irish Coffee just a bit too Irish.

JIAW