Old February 19th 04, 04:12 PM

Default WXHL DX test

Here's notice of an upcoming DX test...

PLEASE NOTE: Even if you don't hear a test, be sure and drop a card,
letter, or e-mail to the station personnel, thanking them for going to
the trouble to run a test!

Monday, March 29, 2004 - WXHL-1550, Elkton, MD will conduct a DX test
from 12:01 - 1am EST. The test will consist of numerous voice IDs and
forgotten 70's and 80's Top 40 music and a few test tones. Currently,
the engineer is uncertain of just what power the test will be run at;
the station is normally 1000/1 w U3.

Currently, the engineer reports he is unable to respond to QSL
requests or reception reports. Please contact me if you might be able
to help.

Thanks!!

Lynn.
)
Visit the IRCA Web site at http://www.ircaonline.org

Old February 20th 04, 02:01 AM
N8KDV

Maximus wrote:

What point is there in sending a card to a station test you didn't hear?
That's like asking for a QSL from Radio Netherlands because you didn't hear
it.

Nah. They won't be asking for a QSL, they'll just be telling the station that
they tried for them (but didn't hear them), and then thanking the station for
running the test.

Just gives some feedback to the station that there were indeed those who were
'trying' to hear the test.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old February 20th 04, 02:01 AM
Scott Dorsey

In article , Maximus wrote:
What point is there in sending a card to a station test you didn't hear?

Well, it at least lets the engineer know where his signal _isn't_ getting
out.

That's like asking for a QSL from Radio Netherlands because you didn't hear
it.

For a long time, I was getting Radio Nederland in the 26 MHz remote IFB
link. I'd have been delighted to send them anything they wanted for me to
not hear it.
--scott