Old February 21st 04, 08:27 PM
N8KDV

Telamon wrote:

In article ,
ospam (Michael Bryant) wrote:

From: David

No, it's not just as good for program listening. The sync detector
makes AM DX much more listenable on the S-800.

The sync detector on the S800 also increases the noise floor. You are
right that the sync lock (combined with a much better speaker) on the
S800 does make listening to the very strongest stations much better,
But if you're trying to listen to a weaker-than-superpower station
the combined effects of AC hum, digital hash, and noise from the sync
can be real disappointing.

I've operated the R75 and the SAT800 side-by-side for almost two
years. I don't have any problem listening to broadcast stations on
the R75 in either SSB or AM. If tuning AM, detune (up or down) about
1.2 kHz to fine the "sweet" spot in AM narrow. Headphones or external
speakers improve the audio even more.

I really think my Sony SW-77 is a better radio than the SAT800.

I know a lot of people think differently. I know that there are
probably people that will simply respond calling me a liar. They call
me that no matter what I say.

Yeah, no matter what you say!

Yes and it is your own doing. You continually post lies and how are we
to determine when you stop?

But I know what I like and I'm not thrilled about the SAT800. I might
even put a 7600GR with good external speakers above a SAT800.

Just my two cents.

You have been downgraded to one cent.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 21st 04, 08:31 PM
Mark S. Holden

From: David

[...]

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

Have you ever had a chance to compare your Sat 800 head to head with
another one?

I'm wondering if yours is performing up to spec.

You wouldn't be the first person to get one that wasn't working quite right.

Old February 21st 04, 08:44 PM
Michael Bryant

From: N8KDV, aka, Steve "master Centurion" Lare

Telamon wrote:

Yes and it is your own doing. You continually post lies and how are we
to determine when you stop?

Ah, another Telamon re-post.

Please notice that this person's motives can be discrened by his total
abandonment of any SW-related discussion. So, we all know who went OT first,
right?

So, what is it that you think I continually lie about, Telly? My personal
history? I was there you weren't. Why is this such a problem for you? Yes, I
had a very minor run-in with the law in the past. Our interpretations of what
actually transpired are very different. Why are you following me around in the
newsgroup and calling me names? Get a life. All you got is one badly slanted
newspaper article. RHF was nice enough to produce the URLs that backed up my
story. You, your sanctimonious self, have been caught LYING about who you've
PLONK'd. Gee, I guess no one's perfect, right?

Did I lie about poltics, something about George Bush? Don't we have that right
to disagree?

Keep at it loser. I'm convinced that the window into your darkened soul is
pretty obvious.

I don't really care whether you answer or not. I won't read it as long as no
one re-posts your drivel. If they do, I guess we can make a judgement about
their motives, too.

What do you really get out of keeping this up? I ask anyone reading this to
ponder that question.

Old February 21st 04, 09:27 PM
Telamon

In article ,

From: N8KDV, aka, Steve "master Centurion" Lare

Telamon wrote:

Yes and it is your own doing. You continually post lies and how are we
to determine when you stop?

Ah, another Telamon re-post.

Yeah, and here is another Bryant lying post.

Please notice that this person's motives can be discrened by his total
abandonment of any SW-related discussion. So, we all know who went OT first,
right?

My motive is to counter the BS you post.

So, what is it that you think I continually lie about, Telly? My personal
history? I was there you weren't. Why is this such a problem for you? Yes, I
had a very minor run-in with the law in the past. Our interpretations of what
actually transpired are very different. Why are you following me around in the
newsgroup and calling me names? Get a life. All you got is one badly slanted
newspaper article. RHF was nice enough to produce the URLs that backed up my
story. You, your sanctimonious self, have been caught LYING about who you've
PLONK'd. Gee, I guess no one's perfect, right?

Everything Mikey. Your personal history yes. You post one thing one day
and the next contradict yourself so I do not have to know what actually
happened in your past to know that one of your posts is a lie.

Here is a news flash for you I could care less about your past. I care
about you posting lies on the newsgroup. I care about you contracting
yourself on the newsgroup. If you do not what me to comment about your
past do not bring it up and then lie about it.

Did I lie about poltics, something about George Bush? Don't we have that right
to disagree?

Make the comments radio related like " I heard this about Bush on radio
Netherlands" instead of posting crap from some malcontents web page.
Like I've posted before there is twice as much crap I could cut and
paste from the Internet about any of the Democratic candidates so your
point would be what?

Keep at it loser. I'm convinced that the window into your darkened soul is
pretty obvious.

Look in the mirror.

I don't really care whether you answer or not. I won't read it as long as no
one re-posts your drivel. If they do, I guess we can make a judgement about
their motives, too.

Its oblivious you do not have a conscience.

What do you really get out of keeping this up? I ask anyone reading this to
ponder that question.

What do you get out of posting lies and other OT crap on the news group?

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old February 21st 04, 09:41 PM
Pierre L

I guess some people have had success with their Sat-800, and they do have a
nice control layout. I especially liked the tuning dial. However, I returned
3 Sat-800's in a row that had something or other wrong with them, and while
I did have them, they didn't outperform the 7600GR. That was 2 years ago.
Maybe they're better now, but if it were me, I would get something else.
Pierre

Old February 21st 04, 09:43 PM
N8KDV

Telamon wrote:

In article ,

From: N8KDV, aka, Steve "master Centurion" Lare

Telamon wrote:

[...]

Little ******* said he wouldn't email me anymore, and then he turns around and does
it again. He's pathological.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Old February 21st 04, 09:56 PM
Mark Keith

DEE wrote in message ...
Ok, I've got enought for either the R75 or the Sat800. They're
both about the same price. I'm not too concerned about portability
but looking for a great all around box for the money.

All around box? The R-75 if it were me. Good enough for BC, but good
at the other modes also.
IE: SSB, CW, etc...Also, I agree with one, the Drake R-8 is worthy of
a look.
It covers all the bases fairly well also. MK