Old February 21st 04, 08:59 PM
DeWayne

Default Question For MWB

I notice you own the S800, R75, and SW77. I'm curious to know which you use
most and for what. Or maybe you use one of the others most? I had an SAT 800
but didn't like it much. I've never tried an SW77.

DeWayne

Old February 22nd 04, 08:19 AM
RHF

MWB,

"But I'm sure Telamon will tell you that I lie so much
that I probably don't own any radios at all."

Forget Telemon - San Francisco passed a law that you can not
'own' radios and that the 'term' "Radio Owner" is Politically
Incorrect.

You must now Call Yourself a "Radio Custodian" or better yet
a "Radio Care Provider".

? Do you have 'plenty' of Antennas to "Feed" Your Radios ?

? Have you 'assured' your Radios are "Protected" from EMF and ESD ?

? Are your Antennas a Low Noise Design that 'assures' the "Health" of
your Radios from becoming Fat and Bloated from Front End Overload ?

Oops! I Thought We Were Talking about PETS - Never Mind )

jftfoi ~ RHF
..
..
From: "DeWayne"

I notice you own the S800, R75, and SW77. I'm curious to know which you use
most and for what. Or maybe you use one of the others most? I had an SAT 800
but didn't like it much. I've never tried an SW77.

Actually, right now I'm using the 6800W the most. Great audio, low noise floor.
The R75 is what I use for hams and DX. Next is a toss up between the SW77 and
the 2010 with Kiwa filters. I like both for broadcast. Beside the bed sits both
the DX-398 and the SAT800, both primaily used for MW reception, using a RS
loop. The 7600G is the travel radio that I carry in my car and to the office.
It's in a carrying pouch with it's own AN-LP antenna.

I've made clear, in other threads, that I am also not too thrilled with the SW
performance of the SAT800. I prefer the 2010 slightly over the SW77.

But I'm sure Telamon will tell you that I lie so much that I probably don't own
any radios at all. Aren't we just so lucky?

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

..
Old February 22nd 04, 03:27 PM
Burr

This wasn't necessary brother!

Take the "chip" off your shoulder

Love Ya.

Old February 23rd 04, 01:11 AM
B Banton

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 15:58:36 -0500, N8KDV
wrote:

Does anyone have any idea as to what MWB is actually doing for community
service?

Hopefully debating stupid conservative idealogies into the dirt where
they belong.
Old February 23rd 04, 03:12 AM
Burr

Cool,
Think I'll go have dinner. It's raining and the mud and snow are
falling. Guess we'll be on the front page tomorrow.

Burr

Michael Bryant wrote:

By the way how is the community service coming along?

Come now, you have the capability of finding out that I was only assessed a
small fine. Not one minute of community service. Is lying by innuendo somehow
more "moral" than what you accuse me of? You, sir, are truly pathetic. I think
more people see that every day as you continue your small-minded vendetta.

Grow up.

Interesting question JAMES HAMPTON CB 3 December 7th 04 09:34 AM
Yagi / Beam antenna theory question... Nick C Antenna 12 October 5th 03 12:15 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM
Question regarding police tactics and scanners noobie Scanner 0 July 29th 03 12:48 AM