Old February 27th 04, 06:15 AM
Frank Halaburak

Default signals great lately

Is it just me or are the signals real good lately. Voice of Nigeria S7
at 0530 UTC here in Montreal.best I have heard from them.

73's...........Frank

Old February 27th 04, 04:54 PM
Maximus

I caught them on 7.255 at 05: 14 in french.
Strength and Honor
.. .

Old February 27th 04, 06:37 PM
Maximus

I was listening to R. Vlaanderen Int'l earlier in the day with a fine signal
via Netherlands Antilles until the band went flat and all I was getting was
static. It was disappointing, but as you say, things seemed to improve later
on.
I don't get some stations from africa over here near Seattle such as Angola
or Ghana, although there is no reason why I should not. I get more oriental
stations, but few of them have english LOL. OTH, since I only know w few
words of french, R. France in french is less than helpful either s.
Best wishes.

Old February 28th 04, 10:50 PM
tommyknocker

Maximus wrote:

I was listening to R. Vlaanderen Int'l earlier in the day with a fine signal
via Netherlands Antilles until the band went flat and all I was getting was
static. It was disappointing, but as you say, things seemed to improve later
on.
I don't get some stations from africa over here near Seattle such as Angola
or Ghana, although there is no reason why I should not. I get more oriental
stations, but few of them have english LOL. OTH, since I only know w few
words of french, R. France in french is less than helpful either s.
Best wishes.

On the US west coast we get a lot of signals from Asia. You can hear the
Chinese domestics loud and clear in the mornings local time. Lots of
Radio Free Asia freqs, too. Problem is, these are all in Chinese. You're
out of luck if you don't know Chinese. But we get Australia and New
Zealand just fine, and those are usually in English. I don't get much
from Africa, although I've picked up Rwanda in French around 1500 UTC or
so. (I'm in northern California.) Curiously, I have a hard time picking
up Latino tropical band stations here-all I hear on the lower bands is
static and a couple superpowered Brazilians.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Control signals for Kenwood remote antenna tuner? Dave Platt Equipment 0 March 21st 04 06:44 AM
FA: Heathkit HO-10 Monitor Scope, Works Great, NR: EBay Mark Petereit Equipment 0 March 8th 04 12:39 AM
FA: Heathkit HO-10 Monitor Scope, Works Great, NR: EBay Mark Petereit Equipment 0 March 8th 04 12:39 AM
Shortwave signals on a simple $5.00 portable am-fm receiver? Drew Shortwave 8 November 5th 03 05:51 PM