Old February 29th 04, 10:01 PM
RHF

= = = N8KDV
= = = wrote in message ...

N8KDV wrote:

From: nobody

Funny how you chose to leave Clinton's involvement out of the whole
process.

Though Clinton signed it into law, NAFTA was primarily negotiated by
Republicans. Republicans passed it for Clinton to sign. Bush and Reagan were
responsible for over 95% of the negotiations that went into NAFTA. Republicans
have always been the biggest supporters of free trade agreements because they
increase business profits by facililtating lower labor costs. Trying to paint
NAFTA as an agreement forced upon the US by Democrats is simply not reality.
Most of the opponents of NAFTA were Democrats that opposed it on environmental
and/or union grounds.

But reality is never a big factor in politics.

N8KDV,

"But 'reality' is "Never" a Big Factor in [MWB's] Politics."

jftfoi ~ RHF
..
..

Clinton was behind NAFTA 100%...

http://www-tech.mit.edu/V113/N54/nafta.54w.html

Would you care for me to find other articles in a similar vein?

Additionally, at the time Congress was controlled by the Democrats.

N8KDV,

YES - Some Democrat Senators like John F. Kerry and Edward Kennedy:

- Did In-Fact Vote "FOR" NAFTA [.]
NAFTA Free Trade Agreement Senate Vote PASSED 11/20/1993

- Did In-Fact Vote "FOR" GATT [.]
GATT Free Trade Agreement Senate Vote PASSED 12/1/1994

- Did In-Fact Vote "FOR" China PNT = Most Favorite Nation Status [.]
CHINA Permanent Normal Trade Senate Vote PASSED 9/19/2000

ADD Democrat Senators: Chris Dodd, Joe Lieberman, Joe Biden,
Bob Graham, Tom Harkin, Dick Durbin, John Breaux, Jeff Bingaman,
Ron Wyden, and Patty Murray who aVOTED for All Three Trade Bills.
SOURCE= http://www.gnp.org/senate-votes.htm

why, Why. WHY ! are the Labor Union Bosses
'now' backing John F. Kerry ? W H Y ? ? ?
..
..

Steve
Holland, MI