Old March 4th 04, 10:19 PM
N8KDV

Default Art Bell

Icecrystal wrote:

Is Art Bell (Coast to Coast AM) on any SW stations. If not, does he plan
to go SW sometime in the future?

He's not on shortwave in a broadcasting sense, but he is on shortwave amateur
wise.

He's W6OBB, you might want to get in touch with him to see when he's on. I've
heard that he is on at times on 75/80 meters after his show. Perhaps other
times as well.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 4th 04, 11:01 PM
RP Jones

Dont Email him with a good account.
Heavy Spam will follow, everything from HGH and related snake oil.
He must have some type of agreement for sponsors to harvest his email.

-RP

Old March 6th 04, 08:05 AM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Icecrystal wrote:

Is Art Bell (Coast to Coast AM) on any SW stations. If not, does he plan
to go SW sometime in the future?

He's not on shortwave in a broadcasting sense, but he is on shortwave amateur
wise.

He's W6OBB, you might want to get in touch with him to see when he's on. I've
heard that he is on at times on 75/80 meters after his show. Perhaps other
times as well.

Art is currently on 3840, heard him ID at 0804 as W6OBB/Pahrump.

Old March 6th 04, 08:16 AM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

Icecrystal wrote:

Is Art Bell (Coast to Coast AM) on any SW stations. If not, does he plan
to go SW sometime in the future?

He's not on shortwave in a broadcasting sense, but he is on shortwave amateur
wise.

He's W6OBB, you might want to get in touch with him to see when he's on. I've
heard that he is on at times on 75/80 meters after his show. Perhaps other
times as well.

Art is currently on 3840, heard him ID at 0804 as W6OBB/Pahrump.

Heck of a nice signal, but you'd hardly recognise his voice! A lot of processing
must be done to it for AM radio.

Old March 7th 04, 12:02 AM
Gray Shockley

On Sat, 6 Mar 2004 2:16:04 -0600, N8KDV wrote
(in message ):

Art is currently on 3840, heard him ID at 0804 as W6OBB/Pahrump.

Heck of a nice signal, but you'd hardly recognise his voice! A lot of
processing
must be done to it for AM radio.

Usually not.

There is a "professional" voice and a "ham - relaxed" voice.

Both are legit grin.

/gray/

Old March 8th 04, 01:54 AM
CW

Actually, there is usually a bit of processing done to radio personalities
voices. More or less depending how they sound. I have talked in person to a
number of them and rarely do they sound the same. In any case, anyone is
going to sound way different on AM as opposed to SSB. I have simply changed
rigs and had people not recognize me.
.com...