Old March 7th 04, 04:23 PM
Mr. Anathem

Default Degen/Kaito 1102: which colour?

I'm getting a Degen 1102 (on ebay).

I need of a your suggestion:
according to you, which colour (black or grey) is fine for this receiver?

Thanks for your help!

Old March 7th 04, 06:28 PM
Jackie

I need of a your suggestion:
according to you, which colour (black or grey) is fine for this receiver?

It's all a matter of what you like best. I have the silver (not really gray)
version of this radio and I like it better than the black version. I already
have a couple of black-colored radios, and I thought the silver version
would make a nice difference.

Jackie

Old March 7th 04, 06:40 PM
Mr. Anathem

Jackie ha scritto:

It's all a matter of what you like best. I have the silver (not really gray)
version of this radio and I like it better than the black version. I already
have a couple of black-colored radios, and I thought the silver version
would make a nice difference.

Nice to hear that.

I'm agree with you. I own a YB 400 black version and I don't like it.

I'll go with silver version.

Thanks again

Old March 7th 04, 07:01 PM
Newsgroup Lurker

There is a discussion on the yahoo group re the Yaesu VX-7. It is that the
silver color has reflective properties and in consequence inhibits a larger
RF signal being transmitted thought the same power of radio.

I think that in the same turn, a silver color of receiver will grab the RF
going into the radio and not let it reflect back out and thus 'sponging'
more RF signals and making a better radio all around.

One member said that the rubber antennas are better as well since during TX,
the RF signals bounce off the antenna and thus travels farther.

I dunno... sounds good to me

Old March 7th 04, 07:55 PM
CAndersen (Kimba)

"Mr. Anathem" wrote:

I need of a your suggestion:
according to you, which colour (black or grey) is fine for this receiver?

Personally, I'm sick of black electronic equipment. Gray or silver is a
nice color. I wish there were more choices, like white or cobalt blue.

--
Reply address munged. You can figure it out.

Old March 7th 04, 07:57 PM
CAndersen (Kimba)

"Newsgroup Lurker" wrote:

There is a discussion on the yahoo group re the Yaesu VX-7. It is that the
silver color has reflective properties and in consequence inhibits a larger
RF signal being transmitted thought the same power of radio.

I think that in the same turn, a silver color of receiver will grab the RF
going into the radio and not let it reflect back out and thus 'sponging'
more RF signals and making a better radio all around.

One member said that the rubber antennas are better as well since during TX,
the RF signals bounce off the antenna and thus travels farther.

Those are some amazing ideas.
Did you ever hear a difference after coloring the edges of your CDs with a
green magic marker?

--
Reply address munged. You can figure it out.
Old March 7th 04, 09:46 PM
Diverd4777

In article , "CAndersen (Kimba)"
writes:

I wish there were more choices, like white or cobalt blue.

transparant Orange, Rose or Blueberry;
( Wife'd like those )

Maybe
- Something peizoelectric that was hooked to the speaker,
changing color with the sound / tone changes..
- Wonder what it'd do with the Intro to " Hour Of The time " ??

Old March 8th 04, 02:30 AM
Robert Beck

On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 17:23:59 +0100, "Mr. Anathem"
wrote:

I'm getting a Degen 1102 (on ebay).

I need of a your suggestion:
according to you, which colour (black or grey) is fine for this receiver?

Thanks for your help!

It's a well know fact that black radios play better than the silver
ones. If you want outstanding performance, get a red radio.
Old March 8th 04, 05:28 PM
AC Smith

wrote:

I'm getting a Degen 1102 (on ebay).

I need of a your suggestion:
according to you, which colour (black or grey) is fine for this receiver?

Thanks for your help!

I went for a black one as I liked the silver buttons to offset the
black for daylight hours, easier on my eyes!

Adam