Old March 8th 04, 01:15 AM
Eddie Thomas

Default Art Bell's (W60BB?) new antenna system

Did anyone hear Art bell talk about his new antenna system last night on
Coast to Coast? He mentioned something about his new dual antenna loops and
a QSL from Portland. Anyone have the details?

Old March 8th 04, 04:16 AM
Stinger

I heard him talking about it, too, saying that he might have inadvertently
made a "ground transformer" and that's why it's so powerful. That's right
about when I fell asleep.

-- Stinger

Old March 8th 04, 09:37 AM
Dxluver

I heard him talking about it, too, saying that he might have inadvertently
made a "ground transformer" and that's why it's so powerful. That's right
about when I fell asleep.

It was great when he was talking about his loop, there's some strange stuff
going on with it and like he said....with loops there jus tisn't that much
info out there.

He said he is at basically where Tesla was when he died and the gubiment came
in and took everything.

I think he didn't really think about what would happen making one like that,
you start going to 'another level' and maybe not in a good way.

FWIW, if any of us put up an antenna like he has, the alphabet agencies would
be knocking on our doors. But he said he's getting more than amazing results
in tx on his loop. Actually I think he's a little worried...lol.

Old March 8th 04, 03:15 PM
Rev. Tim McIntire

"Eddie Thomas" wrote in message
Did anyone hear Art bell talk about his new antenna system last night on
Coast to Coast? He mentioned something about his new dual antenna loops

and
a QSL from Portland. Anyone have the details?

I did...I found myself completely out of my depth, technically-speaking, but
I'm glad someone brought it up in here like I hoped they would! So he
basically built just a giant loop antenna? And is "tx" the transmitting
version of "dx?"

Rev. Tim McIntire AIM/YIM/MSN: revtimmymac
http://www.reverendtim.com PGP Key ID: 0x0290EA17

Old March 8th 04, 09:11 PM
starman

Eddie Thomas wrote:

Did anyone hear Art bell talk about his new antenna system last night on
Coast to Coast? He mentioned something about his new dual antenna loops and
a QSL from Portland. Anyone have the details?

I don't listen to his show unless he's talking with Michio Kaku
(theoretical physicist), who is one of the few credible guests that Art
has on a recurring basis. However I did heard him on 3840 (ham' band)
for the first time last week. You wouldn't know it was him by the voice
unless you knew his call sign, W6OBB. The conversation was pretty
mundane, just the usual talk about propagation conditions, etc. I'm not
sure if all the other ham's in the QSO knew they were talking to Art. I
also noticed he doesn't control his language on the amateur bands like
he has to on his radio show, if you get my drift. :-)

Here's more info' on his new antenna:
http://www.candlewater.com/3830/artsloop/

Old March 9th 04, 06:05 AM
Dxluver

And is "tx" the transmitting
version of "dx?"

No Tim, he is TX (transmitting) ....where DX (is just listening.) Of course
Art is doing both on his. Super setup....put it this way.

Old March 9th 04, 06:08 AM
Dxluver

I'm not
sure if all the other ham's in the QSO knew they were talking to Art

Sure they do/did......but he is just 'one of them' when he's ragchewing.
Actually IMO he sounds like himself, the 'bass' is taken out of his voice,
but it's definitely ole' Art keying on that bad a** loop and talking to aliens.
;-)
Old March 9th 04, 03:50 PM
J999w

No ne else has what he has, enough said. :-)

For good reason.

Yeah it's big, but there are plenty of guys with MUCH better.

A lot of ballyhoo over nothing IMHO.

jw
wb9uai
Old March 9th 04, 06:56 PM
Frank Dresser

"J999w" wrote in message
No ne else has what he has, enough said. :-)

For good reason.

Yeah it's big, but there are plenty of guys with MUCH better.

For what it's worth, here's some of the much better:

http://www.mindspring.com/~cummings7/rhombic.html

And a closer look at W6AM's old rhombic farm:

http://home.swipnet.se/dx/porthole/w6am1.htm

A lot of ballyhoo over nothing IMHO.

jw
wb9uai

Art Bell is an even more impressive showman than an antenna maker. This
talk about weird effects is all part of the show.

Frank Dresser

Old March 11th 04, 09:15 AM
Dxluver

A lot of ballyhoo over nothing IMHO.