Old March 8th 04, 05:28 AM
Gregg

Default 6986 AM @ 04:05 UTC - Phonetic Alphabet?

Behold, -=jd=- signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

On Sun 07 Mar 2004 11:09:52p, "-=jd=-" wrote
in message . 203:

6986 AM @ 04:05 UTC

Thinking it might be one of the clandestine stations, but I have no
idea which one...

Female voice running through strings of phonetic alpha...

-=jd=-

Actually, zeroed in at 6986,020 USB...

-=jd=-

Linconshire poacher?

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Old March 8th 04, 12:09 PM
Simon Mason

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
. 203...
6986 AM @ 04:05 UTC

Thinking it might be one of the clandestine stations, but I have no idea
which one...

Female voice running through strings of phonetic alpha...

It's this station he
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page69.html
and the station you heard was "ART" run by the MOSSAD.

Cheers,
--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old March 8th 04, 02:16 PM
Maximus

The spies are still running numbers stations s. Anyone remember the
"russian woodpecker" ?

Strength and HonorBrioVita Solidarity

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
. 203...
On Mon 08 Mar 2004 07:09:57a, "Simon Mason"
wrote in message :

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page69.html

That's it!

Perfect match!

Thanks!

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

Old March 8th 04, 08:40 PM
starman

Maximus wrote:

The spies are still running numbers stations s. Anyone remember the
"russian woodpecker" ?

I heard the 'woodpecker' on the first day it started. According to a
'Google' search I just did, it was July 4, 1976. The shortwave community
was puzzled about what it was and where it was coming from. It took a
few days to figure out that the USSR had developed a new HF-OTH radar
system. The starting date was therefore not a coincidence. The Russians
loved to spoil anything related to the US, in this case it was the
bicentennial day. It wasn't long before the US had it's own version of
the woodpecker. It sounded different from the Russian one.
BTW- Does anyone know the official date when the Russian woodpecker was
last heard? I think it was in the late 80's.

Old March 8th 04, 10:01 PM
starman

-=jd=- wrote:

6986 AM @ 04:05 UTC

Thinking it might be one of the clandestine stations, but I have no idea
which one...

Female voice running through strings of phonetic alpha...

-=jd=-

Actually, zeroed in at 6986,020 USB...

I thought it was 6986.019 :-) Seriously, can you actually hear a
difference of 1-Hz in SSB mode when you don't have a carrier to zero
beat? If so, how do you know if your receiver's reference oscillator is
running exactly on frequency?