Old March 13th 04, 04:32 PM
T. Early

"starman" wrote in message
Actually, they advertised the CC Radio mods for a short time on

their site.
They looked nice -- red or blue displays, fine tuning knob, etc.

However, the Crane folks got upset, and Radiolabs pulled the CC

Radio mods
to avoid more harassment.

Why would Crane be opposed to someone doing mod's on the CCR? It's
really none of their business.

I agree, but when there's a heavy marketing campaign based on loudly
proclaiming the CC Radio to be the ultimate in AM radios, it doesn't
look too good for someone else to suggest that $100 worth of mods will
help.

Old March 13th 04, 03:30 PM
Gary

"Stinger" wrote in message ...
Actually, they advertised the CC Radio mods for a short time on their site.
They looked nice -- red or blue displays, fine tuning knob, etc.

However, the Crane folks got upset, and Radiolabs pulled the CC Radio mods
to avoid more harassment. Frankly, I don't look for them to become
available again. Gary apparently sent his radio in for the mods before they
took the page down. (Hang on to that radio, Gary -- it may be a collector's
item!)

You are partially correct. However, Chris Justice has told me that
they WILL be offering the mods to the CCRadio in the future. They
have been experimenting with different parts to find just the right
parts to, in Chris' words, "do the job right." The mods have become
more involved than he originally planned and they are now fine-tuning
the product. They have actually had my radio since January 5th but
Chris expects to be sending the finished product to me this coming
week. Chris assured me that I won't notice a "little difference" in
sound and performance, but rather a HUGH difference.

Chris did offer to send the radio with modifications back to me
several weeks ago, but offered to keep it longer so that they could
try new parts they were getting that he felt would make the radio even
better. Wanting the BEST I can get, I told him keep it as long as
necessary so that I can have the final product they come up with.
Just as soon as I get my SUPER CCRadio back, I will report to this
group.
Old March 16th 04, 09:09 AM
Dxluver

Wanting the BEST I can get, I told him keep it as long as
necessary so that I can have the final product they come up with.
Just as soon as I get my SUPER CCRadio back, I will report to this
group.

Man, you have to be excited Chris. :-)
~*Monitoring The Airwaves*~
*GO BEARCATS*
~Hammarlund HQ 129X Heathkit Q Multiplier~
Hammarlund HQ 140X
Multiple GE P-780