Old March 12th 04, 09:46 PM
AC Smith

Default Got my Degen 1102, Love It

Well, I have been into shortwave and radio now since 1992. I know
that isn't very long compared to some of you and I know I haven't had
as good as equipment as some of you but I HAVE had the chance to own
some of the mainstays of current radios out there and let me tell you,
the 1102 is a WINNER.

I added it to my stable of a Satellit 800, a Grundig S-350, and my
dinky FR-200.

I bought from the famous Liypn on eBay paying with Pay Pal and had it
in 9 days from Hong Kong to Seattle.

The radio is a magnificent piece of work. Even knowing the
measurements I was shocked to see and feel how small it is. It is the
reverse shock that I had when I bought my S800, it was way BIGGER than
I imagined, again, knowing the dimensions ahead of time.

The 1102 is a pleasure to use, picks up easily the big stations and
the SSB works really surprisingly well considering the price, the size
and its lack of a "big name" on the front of it. So far, I can find
no faults with its "as advertised" features. It has big sound for a
radio as tiny as it is and let me tell you this is definitely THE
portable to have if you need small size and big sound. The included
ear plugs work great considering they were probably "throw ins". I
haven't even needed or tried to use the external antenna that comes
with it but it is also well done, even with a little cap on the end
instead of just a length of wire cut.

I have had some disappointing radios. I read the reviews of this
radio thinking "too good to be true" but it isn't.

Take your Pay Pal, go to Liypn's store and pick one of these suckers
up for $49.90 + $19 shipping and then find out just how good a
mini-portable can be.

I'm back to go do some more tuning, try for some daytime targets.

Best DX,

Adam
Old March 12th 04, 10:57 PM
MarkWGPSU

How does it compare to the S350?

Subject: Got my Degen 1102, Love It
From: (AC Smith)

Old March 13th 04, 12:30 AM
Jim Hackett

We'll see. I've got one coming any day too. I have about as much hopes as
I do that the Eton X1 900 whatever it is, actually materializes... LOL

m...

Old March 13th 04, 05:12 AM
starman

AC Smith wrote:

[...]

What shipping method (carrier) did they use?