Old March 12th 04, 10:44 PM
N8KDV

Default Radio Ext.de España English

Radio Exterior de España English

0000 0200 6055
2000 2100 9595 9680 (Monday thru Friday)

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 13th 04, 12:00 AM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Radio Exterior de España English

0000 0200 6055
2000 2100 9595 9680 (Monday thru Friday)

Very nice signal on 6055 at 0000. 3/13/04

Old March 13th 04, 01:24 AM
T. Early

"N8KDV" wrote in message

N8KDV wrote:

Radio Exterior de España English

0000 0200 6055
2000 2100 9595 9680 (Monday thru Friday)

Very nice signal on 6055 at 0000. 3/13/04

Booming in Maryland--I learned that Chile only made divorce legal
today. I bet they're partyin' in the streets.

Old March 13th 04, 02:36 AM
tommyknocker

N8KDV wrote:

Radio Exterior de España English

0000 0200 6055
2000 2100 9595 9680 (Monday thru Friday)

Yesterday, there was too much static at my QTH. Today, I heard the intro
where they mentioned the massive crowds that turned out to mourn, then
the sound went mushy (a common problem with REE). I DID hear the
anchorwoman asking somebody who was responsible, but I couldn't hear the
answer. After 20 minutes I gave up and turned off the radio. Does
anybody else have the mushy sound problem while listening to REE? What
do you do to make the signal intelligible? They have a really good news
department, but they're rarely intelligible enough on my end to listen
to. I've noticed that they seem to be a little off frequency (like
6054.7 instead of right on 6055) which matters because they're usually
pretty weak on my end. (The anchors could have better diction, but
that's not under my control of course. )

Old March 13th 04, 12:47 PM
N8KDV

tommyknocker wrote:

N8KDV wrote:

[...]

I did not note any 'mushy sound' here last night. The signal was very good
and intelligible.

Old March 13th 04, 12:53 PM
N8KDV

N8KDV wrote:

Radio Exterior de España English

0000 0200 6055
2000 2100 9595 9680 (Monday thru Friday)

Also:

2100 2200 9595 (Saturday)
2200 2300 9680 (Saturday and Sunday)

Note that the times (and frequencies) will probably change on March 28.

If all else fails, look for the broadcast one hour earlier.

Old March 13th 04, 02:03 PM
Caribbean Listener

I quit listening to them in English when they dropped their 0500 UTC.
I now only tune in to their Spanish broadcasts on 15,120 kHz in the
late afternoon at my QTH in Puerto Rico. They have an excellent news
service. By the way, REE gets a plug every night on Television
Espan~onla after the late evening news casts.

Marty
San Juan, Puerto Rico