Old March 13th 04, 01:20 PM
Ross

"Burr" wrote in message
Earthlink goes to "India"

What a mess, I just pulled my DSL out and will pull the dialup out as
soon as I have everything changed, may take a month or so.

After being with Earthlink from day one when Sky built it too today it
is time to move on.

Been off the newsgroups for a few days while I got thing changed around
and I was also working hard.

So, did Steve and Mike hell each other with words yet?

Burr

Burr,

Good that you vote your conscience with your dollars.

Old March 13th 04, 02:07 PM
Ross

"Burr" wrote in message
Earthlink goes to "India"

If the average person doesn't wake up to the fact that American jobs - and
maybe his or her job - are being exported away in large numbers to maximize
profit, and that it's a trend that only lawmakers and regulation can put a
stop to, living conditions here will continue to get worse and worse despite
us working harder and harder.

There are times that regulation is required to serve a vital national
interest. Preserving a pool of jobs for talented people so the next crop of
students sees a job waiting for them and are motivated to study hard... is
vital to our future. You're watching that confidence and eventually
motivation crumble to dust before your eyes.

Old March 13th 04, 02:38 PM
Stinger

Regulation and Lawmakers (read "lawyers") are exactly WHY many jobs are
going offshore. Many companies have come to the point where they realize
that they have two choices: go out of business or move their operations.

Sure, there are some jobs like tech-support call centers that get
transplanted from basically a "cheap labor" standpoint. But do you know
ANYBODY that wanted to make a career out of sitting on a phone explaining
manuals to people that usually don't bother to read them? Those are "Joe
jobs," like flipping burgers -- not careers -- a temporary position until
something better comes along. However, these are the jobs liberals screech
about because they don't point to the fingerprints of trial lawyers and
excessive regulation.

The Trial Lawyers association gives HUGE amounts of money to Democrats, to
keep the legal environment ripe for the picking.

The real tragedy of offshoring is what has happened to good jobs is in
manufacturing. These are not "Joe jobs," and they are sorely missed.

And the reason these jobs are moving is not basic wage rates -- it's
liability, pure and simple, and the environment that the Trial Lawyers have
fostered with the help of their Democratic friends.

Now that they've made the manufacturing business environment almost
intolerable, the liberal Democrat's brilliant solution is to pass
legislation to force them to stay, rather than to fix the conditions that
led business to want to leave -- basically the same analogy as the Iron
Curtain (which was, ironically, their philosophy in action).

-- Stinger

m...

Old March 13th 04, 02:40 PM
N8KDV

[...]