Old March 13th 04, 01:17 AM
Burr

Default Earthlink goes to hell

Earthlink goes to "India"

What a mess, I just pulled my DSL out and will pull the dialup out as
soon as I have everything changed, may take a month or so.

After being with Earthlink from day one when Sky built it too today it
is time to move on.

Been off the newsgroups for a few days while I got thing changed around
and I was also working hard.

So, did Steve and Mike hell each other with words yet?

Burr

Old March 13th 04, 01:30 AM
Diverd4777

I've tried several " bargain" ISP's and found Joi Internet the best Dial Up so
far;

http://joiinternet.com/

Just got " Cheap" DSL, from a local vendor,
No problems.. So far!

Dan

Old March 13th 04, 01:33 AM
Burr

My DSL cost $29.95 each at both ends. The dialup at Earthlink will cost
$19.95 and they gave me a free month.

It my take a month or two for me to get all my stuff setup at Verizon.

Old March 13th 04, 02:07 AM
Diverd4777

I think Netscape has a $9.95 dial up too...
Mozilla Compatible.

Hate trying to convert all the dozens of e-mail Addresses over, so for the time
being, Am keeping AOL.
- Hassles with other wireless sevices meant that I have to buy a genuine
router, & then re-cable everything all pretty

- Someday !!

Dan

Old March 13th 04, 03:46 AM
Macman

Just my two cents, for what's it worth . . .

Like most of the IT related businesses, Earthlink has sent the bulk of their
tech support to India. Good luck getting anything of value out of
Earth-stink!.

Old March 13th 04, 04:43 AM
Sister Mary Elephant

"Burr" wrote in message
Earthlink goes to "India"

I quit E-Blink 2 years ago and don't miss them.
Their tech support was horrid back then. I can only
imagine how much it will SUCK ASS now that
all their tech support is going to be comming
out of the land of rice and curry.....

Ha Ha Ha! Couldn't happen to a better shi+stain ISP imho.

What a mess, I just pulled my DSL out and will pull the dialup out as
soon as I have everything changed, may take a month or so.

Check around! Some ISP's are crediting new members for
their un-used/remaining lease time on their current E-Blink
account if they switch. Can be done in a few hours and you
get your time credits!

Old March 13th 04, 05:22 AM
RCM

It's time to boycott all of these companies who are sending work to India
and therefore screwing the US worker

Old March 13th 04, 05:24 AM
RCM

Not to mention boycotting the cheap foreign goods imported in the USA that
were from jobs previously exported from US manufacturing concerns. What a
bunch of backstabbers these corporate slimes are

Old March 13th 04, 05:42 AM
Brenda Ann

"Macman" wrote in message
Just my two cents, for what's it worth . . .

Like most of the IT related businesses, Earthlink has sent the bulk of

their
tech support to India. Good luck getting anything of value out of
Earth-stink!.

Didn't Verizon ship all their tech support jobs to India a few months ago??
I have a friend that used to work for Verizon tech support that said she and
all her co-workers were laid off because of their jobs being taken
overseas..

Old March 13th 04, 05:53 AM
Dxluver

I've tried several " bargain" ISP's and found Joi Internet the best Dial Up
so
far;

http://joiinternet.com/

Hey Dan,
Why are you on AOL then? Just asking is all. I put that link on my favorites
and I'll look at it later. Can you do newsgroups with it.

Tell me about JOI.