Old March 14th 04, 07:25 PM
Frank Dresser

Default BBC: Arrests in Spain

"Stinger" wrote in message
. ..

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

"tommyknocker" wrote in message

I'll be honest with you all because I've given up caring what

people
think. I don't think we can win the war on terror. I think the
terrorists will win, civilization will collapse, and we'll all go

back
to living in the dark ages-forever. Personally, I'd rather be dead

than
alive and living under the Taliban.

Let's not forget who started this war, and where it started. It was
started by fanatical Muslim elitists who were afraid that

Westernization
was the root of all evil. These were the guys who were barring the
doors of movie theaters while a Hollywood movie was showing, pouring
gasoline down the vents -- then incenerating all the people inside.
Well, the internal terror campaign wasn't working well enough, fast
enough. They couldn't wipe out Westernization in the Islamic world,

so,
rather than admit defeat, they took the attacks to the West.

These guys are at war with independant thought. They can't squelch

it
at home, and they certainly can't squelch it in the West. Let's

hope
more and more Muslim kids, especially girls, learn to read and

write.
And let's hope they are exposed to all sorts of conflicting ideas,

just
as we in the West are. Those kids will figure out Sturgeon's Law.

And they will find that Sturgeon's Law applies to their leaders,

just as
it does in the West.

Frank Dresser

Well said, Frank!

-- Stinger

I've been wondering why the terrorists haven't boldly, unequivocally
taken responsibility for the bombings. I mean, shouldn't the Spainards
and the rest of the Western countries know who to fear? Al-Qeada? ETA?
Somebody else? It seems likely the terrorist leaders fear leaving any
clues which will get themselves hunted down and killed. The easy
speculation is that the terrorist leaders simply fear death. Or maybe
they look around their tiny bands of cut-throat losers and realize
there's nobody with the orginizational and inspirational abilities, and
yes -- education, to replace themselves. I'll be more worried when
Osama Bin-Laden and the other terrorists start taunting us publicly as
if they're a bunch of movie villians. I'll take that as a sign that
there's a new generation of elite thugs are ready to go.

The terrorists may not be strong enough to show their faces, but they
can kill and they can cause economic damage. But how much? Can they
inflict the sort of death and damage that was done to England, Germany,
the Soviet Union and Japan during WW2? Absoluely not. And the countries
of WW2 kept producing -- producing -- producing.

The terrorists are in a weak position, and I think those terrorists see
their weak position better than we do. The force of their logic and
arguement is too weak to keep their fellow Muslims out of movie
theaters, so they pour gasoline in and light them afire. Their terror
attacks on us are far more feeble than the attacks we inflicted on
ourselves sixty years ago, and terrorists seem fearful of showing their
faces after their attacks.

Frank Dresser

Old March 15th 04, 01:12 AM
Leonard Martin

In article ,
"Frank Dresser" wrote:

"Stinger" wrote in message

[...]

I agree with this posting completely. There's no need to fear the death
of civilization from terrorism. If so, it would already be dead, since
terrorism has been rife, in Europe at least, for over a hundred years.
There's a great book of popular history called "The Proud Tower", by
Barbara Tuchman, that deals with the state of Europe around the turn of
the 20th century. As I recall from that book terrorism was a major
problem at that time--only then the main motives were anarchism and the
nationalistic aspirations of minority populations. It was the
assassination of an Austrian duke by a Balkan terrorist that started
World War I. It seems to me that terrorism has been a problem ever since
technology advanced to the point where it made really serious weapons
that one man could carry. That suggests that terrorism will be with us
from now on.

Leonad

--
"Everything that rises must converge"
--Flannery O'Connor
Old March 15th 04, 02:55 AM
Corbin Ray

I am such a small-town person. When stories of terrorist activities occur
somewhere else in the world, I just tune it out and think how glad I am to
live here in Podunk Kentucky.

Then tonight, my college aged daughter, who is majoring in international
commerce, informed me that she is spending the summer in Madrid Spain.

All of a sudden, the world just got a little bit smaller and a whole lot
scarier.

Old March 15th 04, 02:56 AM
DxAce

Corbin Ray wrote:

I am such a small-town person. When stories of terrorist activities occur
somewhere else in the world, I just tune it out and think how glad I am to
live here in Podunk Kentucky.

Then tonight, my college aged daughter, who is majoring in international
commerce, informed me that she is spending the summer in Madrid Spain.

All of a sudden, the world just got a little bit smaller and a whole lot
scarier.

Welcome to the 'world' Corbin.

Old March 15th 04, 06:05 AM
RHF

MWB,

In the Country of Indonesia which is predominately Muslim and the
Largest Islamic country in the World.

In the last Twenty Years there have been 1000 Bombings, Fire
Bombings and Attacks on Christian Churches.

That is One Attack a Week on Christians by Muslims.

I do not care if the Percentage is 1%, 2%, 4%, 8%, 16%, 32%, etc.

Whatever the Percentage is... It Is Too Much [.]

The Islamic Faithful can Clean-Up these Fundamentalist Terrorist.

Or the Infidels of the World be Forced to Eradicate these Terrorist [.]

For the Islamic Terriorist - This Is A Holly War [.]
[ Whether the Infidels are too Dumb to See It As Such. ]

pts ~ RHF
Peace Through Strength
..
..
= = = ocom (Michael Bryant) wrote in message
= = = ...
From:
(RHF)

But for many Islamic Believers: Who Are Faithful to Their Religion
and the Teachings of Islam. For the True Believer: Islam is
AT WAR with the USofA, Western (Christian) Culture and
All Christians Are Infidels that must be converted to Islam
or Die.

RHF,

Maybe "some," but not "most" of those faithful Muslims think that we must die.

Now is not the time for rhetorical magnification. Now is not the time to expand
the blame. Al Qaida is not a very large percentage of the total number of
Islam.

Not ALL "true believers" of Islam seek our demise.

Respecting your right to your opinion, but troubled by the words you selected.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A