Old March 18th 04, 09:33 PM
Love2camp5

Thank you, Richard, you explained that very well. I guess it is like Radio
Canada International and the Canadian Broadcasting Company.

BTW-the scheduling for Radio Australia in the Passport to World Band Radio book
is very different than on the RA website. I guess I'll wait and see what the
summer schedule is.

Linda

Hi Linda,

Radio Australia is the international broadcasting unit of the Australian
Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) so in that sense I suppose you can say that
it's definitely part of the ABC.

But the ABC comprises much more than Radio Australia as its web site
indicates

www.abc.net.au

So if you want to be absolutely precise I guess I'd have to say that they
are not "the same."

HTH,

Richard

Old March 19th 04, 06:20 PM
RICHARD GORDON

I guess it is like Radio Canada International and the Canadian
Broadcasting Company.

The parallels between the way the Canadians and the Australians organized
their radio and television systems are overwhelming.

As far back as the 20's they both opted for a mix of commercial and
government owned outlets unlike the British who ran an entirely government
owned system and the Americans who ran an entirely commercially owned
system.

The Canadian and Australian system has always made the most sense to me but
that's just my 2 cents. Fortunately they are each easily accessible via the
Internet audio streams although I probably shouldn't say that in this
newsgroup.

Richard