Old March 14th 04, 11:23 PM
Telamon

Default Radio Australia schedule late on 17795 and 21740

Radio Australia broadcasts keep starting later than the schedule states.
The schedule says 1:00PM my time but for weeks now 17795 and 21740 have
been starting at 2:00PM. Today they are even later starting at 3PM my
time. The news did not start on the hour either because of some kind of
contractual problem.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 14th 04, 11:36 PM
Barry Carlton

"Telamon" wrote in message
Radio Australia broadcasts keep starting later than the schedule states.
The schedule says 1:00PM my time but for weeks now 17795 and 21740 have
been starting at 2:00PM. Today they are even later starting at 3PM my
time. [...]

Daylight saving just ended in some Australian States - possibly they change
their schedule with that ?

Old March 15th 04, 12:06 AM
Telamon

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia broadcasts keep starting later than the schedule states.
The schedule says 1:00PM my time but for weeks now 17795 and 21740 have
been starting at 2:00PM. Today they are even later starting at 3PM my
time. The news did not start on the hour either because of some kind of
contractual problem.

Closed the broadcast on 21740 at 4:00PM (00:00UTC) my time, which is on
schedule. Still don't have their usual programming though and playing
music instead.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 15th 04, 05:55 AM
wdx6hwo short wave

Telamon, I see you are in Ventura.
My home town.
Do you know where Porter Lane is?
By the shoppimg mall?
DW

world wide short wave radio station
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

Old March 16th 04, 12:28 AM
Telamon

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia broadcasts keep starting later than the schedule states.
The schedule says 1:00PM my time but for weeks now 17795 and 21740 have
been starting at 2:00PM. Today they are even later starting at 3PM my
time. The news did not start on the hour either because of some kind of
contractual problem.

Closed the broadcast on 21740 at 4:00PM (00:00UTC) my time, which is on
schedule. Still don't have their usual programming though and playing
music instead.

Here is the story on why you will not be hearing many of the regular
features on Radio Australia for a while.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...55E421,00.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 16th 04, 01:17 AM
Telamon

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:

Radio Australia broadcasts keep starting later than the schedule states.
The schedule says 1:00PM my time but for weeks now 17795 and 21740 have
been starting at 2:00PM. Today they are even later starting at 3PM my
time. The news did not start on the hour either because of some kind of
contractual problem.

Closed the broadcast on 21740 at 4:00PM (00:00UTC) my time, which is on
schedule. Still don't have their usual programming though and playing
music instead.

Here is the story on why you will not be hearing many of the regular
features on Radio Australia for a while.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...55E421,00.html

Well that was quick. It looks like the strike has ended for now. I wish
the 4-month grocery clerk strike was that quick.
http://www.news.com.au/common/story_...5E1702,00.html

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 18th 04, 03:37 PM
Love2camp5

A question regarding Australia: Is "Radio Australia" the same as "ABC"?

Thanks,
Linda
Old March 18th 04, 06:22 PM
RICHARD GORDON

"Love2camp5" wrote in message
A question regarding Australia: Is "Radio Australia" the same as "ABC"?

Thanks,
Linda

Hi Linda,

Radio Australia is the international broadcasting unit of the Australian
Broadcasting Corporation (ABC) so in that sense I suppose you can say that
it's definitely part of the ABC.

But the ABC comprises much more than Radio Australia as its web site
indicates

www.abc.net.au

So if you want to be absolutely precise I guess I'd have to say that they
are not "the same."

HTH,

Richard