Old March 17th 04, 01:20 AM
Brian Denley

starman wrote:

Do you remember when RNZI was weak signal dx?

Geez lately some nights it still is! hehe

--
Brian Denley

Old March 17th 04, 08:32 AM
Vic Martinez

Someone mentioned John Batchelor on WABC in New York. Are you saying
WABC is on shortwave too?

Old March 17th 04, 01:48 PM
Rev. Tim McIntire

I don't think he is; I just mentioned him because his is a radio show I
definitely try to catch every night.

"Vic Martinez" wrote in message
Someone mentioned John Batchelor on WABC in New York. Are you saying
WABC is on shortwave too?

Rev. Tim McIntire AIM/YIM/MSN: revtimmymac
http://www.reverendtim.com PGP Key ID: 0x0290EA17

Old March 17th 04, 08:25 PM
RHF

= = = (Vic Martinez) wrote in message
= = = ...

Someone mentioned John Batchelor on WABC in New York. Are you saying
WABC is on shortwave too?

VM,

The John Batchelor Show on ABC Radio Network is not on Shortwave,
but should be since many citizens of foreign nations could benefit
from some FACTUAL News Reporting from the USofA. That is NOT Filter
by their Governments of the Liberal Media of the USofA.
http://www.abcradio.com/index.cfm?ba...id=63&cpid=179
http://www.abcradio.com/index.cfm?ba...id=63&cpid=174

Originating from WABC 770 kHz AM Talk Radio
http://www.wabcradio.com/showdj.asp?DJID=9178

I listen to him locally on KSFO 560 kHz AM Talk Radio
http://www.ksfo560.com/showdj.asp?DJID=18217

John Batchelor is sort-of-like Art Bell but His the Focus is Politics.

Fequently the John Batchelor Show breaks news that is picked-up
the next day by other media sources.

Case-In-Point: The Spanish Intelligence Reports that confirmed
the al Qauda was behind the Train Bombings in Spain.

Hey - Maybe ABC should think about
getting into the Shortwave Business (again).

~ RHF

..

Old March 18th 04, 05:05 AM
RHF

RTM,

YES - The John Batchelor Show on ABC Radio Network is not on
Shortwave BBBBBBBuuuuuuuutttttttttt............

He has knlowledgeable Persons "In-Country" who are 'politically aware'
that contribute regulary and are a major part of the Program Content.

If I were a citizen of foreign country and wanted some FACTUAL
News Reporting from the USofA. That is NOT Filtered by my own
Governments or the Liberal Media of the USofA. I would listen
to John Batchelor on the Internet.
http://www.abcradio.com/index.cfm?ba...id=63&cpid=179
http://www.abcradio.com/index.cfm?ba...id=63&cpid=174

Originating from WABC 770 kHz AM Talk Radio
http://www.wabcradio.com/showdj.asp?DJID=9178

Hey - Maybe ABC should think about getting into the Shortwave
Business (again).

~ RHF
..
..
= = = ...

Old March 18th 04, 08:19 AM
Grumpus

"Rev. Tim McIntire" wrote in message ...
Hey, all...

As slight detour from the technical specs that go over my head and the flame
wars between people I don't know, I thought I'd ask everyone which radio
programming they most enjoy.

Me, I like Alex Jones, Art Bell, the BBC World Service, and Radio Cairo.
And I think John Batchelor on WABC 770 in New York is the absolutely most
informative show on radio.

Rev. Tim McIntire AIM/YIM/MSN: revtimmymac
http://www.reverendtim.com PGP Key ID: 0x0290EA17

Whenever I get a chance I like to listen to World of Radio, DXing With
Cumbre, S/W DXer's Unlimited. John Batchelor is brilliant at what he
does. If I had to come up with a name for just exactly what that is I
would call it "Radio Intrigue". Sometimes I'm almost giddy like a kid
in the Depression listening to The Shadow when I hear his take on the
Great Game being played out around the world. His format with its
mixture of soundbites and choice musical cuts is nonpareil, but
unfortunately I believe he is the high apostle of the
neoconservatives, so I do not take seriously his politics, at least,
not all the time. On the other hand it is hard to fault a guy who can
line up an interview with Gary Kasparov and expound eloquently on the
Barnes Foundation. Tim, maybe you know, what happened to his partner
in crime Paul Alexander? Why did they part ways?

Regards,

Grumpus

Regards,

Grumpus
Old March 18th 04, 04:57 PM
RHF

BD - Is the TRUTH - Right Wing ?

BD - Are the FACTS - Wacko ?

Fequently the John Batchelor Show breaks news that is picked-up
the next day by other media sources.

Case-In-Point: The Spanish Intelligence Reports that confirmed
the Al Qaida was behind the Train Bombings in Spain.

The next day this 'Intel' was a feature item on both NPR Radio
and the PBS Nightly News citing the same sources.
[ Just and old KQED NewsRoom Listener - Who Likes Honest Reporting. ]

Try Listening with 'both' Ears - Not with just one of your Wings )

wua... ~ RHF
= Wake-Up America... The Truth Shall Keep Your Free !
..
..
= = = "Brian Denley" wrote in message
= = = news:kb66c.29735$JL2.348448@attbi_s03...

RHF wrote:

The John Batchelor Show on ABC Radio Network is not on Shortwave,
but should be since many citizens of foreign nations could benefit
from some FACTUAL News Reporting from the USofA. That is NOT Filter
by their Governments of the Liberal Media of the USofA.

.

In other words he's a right wing wacko?

..
Old March 18th 04, 06:35 PM
Rev. Tim McIntire

"Brian Denley" wrote in message
In other words he's a right wing wacko?

He's definitely of a conservative bent, but even a leftie like me can really
get into his guests, who are several cuts above your usual talking head. I
don't take anybody's word as gospel on the radio, but he goes out of his way
to find people who really seem to know their stuff.

Last week he had on a guy who'd done commando stuff for the OSS during World
War II. Quite possibly the most interesting hour of radio I've ever heard.

Old March 20th 04, 11:26 PM
CW

The VOA was created as a government propaganda station. It's content is, not
surprisingly, government propaganda. Did you think it was an independant?

"Volker Tonn" wrote in message

T. Early schrieb:

... The fact is -all- media consistently reflect the biases of
those responsible for the creation of the content.

The VoA for example is known to be controlled by the US gouverment all
way down and shows its biases through every word said and even more NOT
said. In germany the influence of gouvernment on media is very limited
by strong laws.