Old March 15th 04, 05:34 PM
N8KDV

Default Taiwan-New SW Station

Item which may be of some interest from DXLD-4-048:

** TAIWAN. VOICE OF HAN BC LAUNCH SW SERVICE TO CHINA

You can hear Mainland service of Voice of Han BC at 9745 kHz. The
program is parallel to 981, 711, 1431. QTH Kuanyin, 40 km west of
Taipei. Two SW small curtain type antenna were installed. Maybe we can
find another frequency some day. Due to adjancent channel
interference, I have to listen 9745 in USB, bandwidth 1.5 kHz at 1200
UTC; 0655 sign-on and 0105 sign-off (Miller Liu, Taiwan, Receiver: AOR
AR7030plus, ICOM IC-R8500; Antenna: RF SYSTEM 40ft longwire, 100m
random loop, March 12, dxing.info via DXLD) The schedule in local time
UT +8? That would be 2255-1705 UT (gh)

Thanks to the above tip I tuned into a clear 9745 at 1920 UT this
evening (Sun 14 Mar) and heard a monologue in Chinese then song which
I confirmed was "Voice of Han" by checking the Mainland Service online
audio at http://www.voh.com.tw/english/top-e.html (though there is a
time delay). Unfortunately stronger CRI in Esperanto signed-on on 9745
at 1930 but Voice of Han was still audible underneath CRI. VOH much
weaker but in clear after CRI sign-off at 2027.

(Presume this is the station on page 367 of WRTH 2004 as MW channels
etc match, though WRTH calls it Voice of Kuanghua?) When did it start
on shortwave and what power is its transmitter?? (Alan Pennington,
BDXC-UK, Caversham, UK, AOR 7030+, Wellbrook K9AY, dxing.info via
DXLD)

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 15th 04, 06:35 PM
Burr

Morning Steve,
I am going to be down south tonight but do you think I could get it out
west.

Wonderful day out here in the desert, the song birds are running their
big fat mouths for all they are worth. Hummingbirds sitting in the
windows and a nice 76 degrees.

Life is wonderful.

Burr

Old March 15th 04, 07:41 PM
N8KDV

Burr wrote:

Morning Steve,
I am going to be down south tonight but do you think I could get it out
west.

I don't know. Give it a try.

Wonderful day out here in the desert, the song birds are running their
big fat mouths for all they are worth. Hummingbirds sitting in the
windows and a nice 76 degrees.

Hummingbirds won't be back here till around April 15 or a bit later.

Old March 15th 04, 08:27 PM
Maximus

I'm amazed there was no jamming S.
"Strength and Honor"

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Burr wrote:

Morning Steve,
I am going to be down south tonight but do you think I could get

it out
west.

I don't know. Give it a try.

Wonderful day out here in the desert, the song birds are running

their
big fat mouths for all they are worth. Hummingbirds sitting in the
windows and a nice 76 degrees.

Hummingbirds won't be back here till around April 15 or a bit later.

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM