Old March 16th 04, 12:42 AM
S R

Default Help with Realistic SW-100

I got it working. The dial was stuck.

I normally use my Sony ICF-2010 when SWL.

This radio is more for kicks. However, I wouldn't mind changing the dial
mechanism to something better. I wonder if that is a regular thing that
that could be done?

73

"S R" wrote in message
I have a Realistic SW-100. It is an analog. The turning button is not
moving the needle much more then an inch. But the turning button does

move.
The needle seems to be stuck.

I open up the radio to see the line. But I do not know what to do with

it.

What should I do?

73

Old March 16th 04, 06:20 AM
starman

S R wrote:

I got it working. The dial was stuck.

I normally use my Sony ICF-2010 when SWL.

This radio is more for kicks. However, I wouldn't mind changing the dial
mechanism to something better. I wonder if that is a regular thing that
that could be done?

You could add a digital frequency display to it, but I don't think it
would be worth the cost for the SW-100. Here's where you can get a
display kit:

www.aade.com

Old March 16th 04, 08:09 PM
S R

That would be great. However, the bands on this
radio is in this order:

AM
SW1 & SW2
FM & TV1
TV2
AIR WX & VHF

Would a frequency counter cover all of this?

73

Old March 17th 04, 05:52 AM
starman

S R wrote:

That would be great. However, the bands on this
radio is in this order:

AM
SW1 & SW2
FM & TV1
TV2
AIR WX & VHF

Would a frequency counter cover all of this?

73

It's technically possible but I was referring to a frequency display for
just the shortwave bands and possibly the AM (MW) range too.