Old March 17th 04, 03:56 AM
Brian

Default 4.386 ID

Anyone have an idea what this is? I haven't a clue as to even what language
this may be. Nothing in Passport, not that I am surprised. Best at 4.386.60
sideband. Currently 0356.

Brian

Old March 17th 04, 04:13 AM
Tony Meloche

Brian wrote:

Anyone have an idea what this is? I haven't a clue as to even what language
this may be. Nothing in Passport, not that I am surprised. Best at 4.386.60
sideband. Currently 0356.

Brian

I'm getting it too - very faint - at exactly 4386.60, as you say
(04:10).
It *could* be Radio Imperio from Chiclayo, Peru, but I wouldn't bet on
that. If so, they have an output power of 250 watts, making it a
fantastic catch - and I repeat, IF that's what it is (too dim here to be
sure of the language even, but the music I can hear does sound Andean).

Tony

Old March 17th 04, 08:45 AM
Tom Sevart

"Brian" wrote in message
link.net...
Anyone have an idea what this is? I haven't a clue as to even what

language
this may be. Nothing in Passport, not that I am surprised. Best at

4.386.60
sideband. Currently 0356.

That freq is down in the maritime SSB channel allocation. There's a channel
on 4387, so whoever you heard was probably operating bootleg.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

Old March 17th 04, 12:14 PM
N8KDV

Tony Meloche wrote:

Brian wrote:

Anyone have an idea what this is? I haven't a clue as to even what language
this may be. Nothing in Passport, not that I am surprised. Best at 4.386.60
sideband. Currently 0356.

Most likely Imperio, they have been reported on 4386.6 around that time frame.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 17th 04, 12:15 PM
Ken Wilson

Brian,

Most likely Radio Imperio.... Peru. They are heard most evenings here as
well as 4.485.7 +- R. Frecuencia.

Keep listening & I'm sure you will be rewarded with an ID.

Since I know nothing other than English....ID's are hard for me. Takes many
times for me to get most of them.

73, Ken

link.net...

Old March 17th 04, 02:26 PM
Maximus

Something which may be of benefit for identification is a set of good
headphones or a tape recorder for recording their id - just play it several
times until you can figure it out.

"Strength and Honor"

"Ken Wilson" wrote in message
Brian,

Most likely Radio Imperio.... Peru. They are heard most evenings here as
well as 4.485.7 +- R. Frecuencia.

Keep listening & I'm sure you will be rewarded with an ID.

Since I know nothing other than English....ID's are hard for me. Takes

many
times for me to get most of them.

73, Ken

link.net...