Old March 19th 04, 10:43 PM
Sanjaya

"vicker" wrote in message ...

"Mr. Anathem" wrote in message
I got my Degen/Kaito 1102 form lypin on ebay.

It's simple fantastic.

I can't realize how Degen engineers are able to design this fantastic
piece of technology at an incredible low price.

Degen 1102 it's a must have!

Does it have SSB??

Yes it has SSB

Old March 19th 04, 11:24 PM
YODAR

However if I read Ulis Fleming's review of the radio, you have to go
thru an excercise to get TO SSB, using page 9 of memory or something
like that...If it's not intuitive (ie. idiotproof) I dont want it.

yodar

Sanjaya wrote:

Does it have SSB??

Yes it has SSB

Old March 19th 04, 11:42 PM
Sanjaya

"YODAR" wrote in message om...
However if I read Ulis Fleming's review of the radio, you have to go
thru an excercise to get TO SSB, using page 9 of memory or something
like that...If it's not intuitive (ie. idiotproof) I dont want it.

yodar

Actually it's not very complicated
Press "P" (page), press "9". You're in page 9.
Enter the frequency you want, press the SSB button.
Voila.

Old March 19th 04, 11:44 PM
Sanjaya

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"YODAR" wrote in message

om...
However if I read Ulis Fleming's review of the radio, you have to go
thru an excercise to get TO SSB, using page 9 of memory or something
like that...If it's not intuitive (ie. idiotproof) I dont want it.

yodar

Actually it's not very complicated
Press "P" (page), press "9". You're in page 9.
Enter the frequency you want, press the SSB button.
Voila.

I might add that after you've done that once, page 9 stays in SSB mode
unless you press the button again to take it out of SSB

Old March 20th 04, 12:14 AM
vicker

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"YODAR" wrote in message

om...
However if I read Ulis Fleming's review of the radio, you have to go
thru an excercise to get TO SSB, using page 9 of memory or something
like that...If it's not intuitive (ie. idiotproof) I dont want it.

yodar

Actually it's not very complicated
Press "P" (page), press "9". You're in page 9.
Enter the frequency you want, press the SSB button.
Voila.

Sometimes I don't know what freq I want. I just want to go into SSB and
scan. Pick up some cool stuff that way.
Does it have adjustible BFO or an LSB/USB switch?